Bolttech Mannings, Inc. is a world leader in providing specialty on-site services which include bolting: torque & tension, heat treating via resistance-combustion-induction methods, onsite machining, and induction bolt heating. BMI engineering designs and manufactures a complete line of specialty service tooling/equipment to include bolting tools, resistance equipment, multi-fuel combustion systems, and induction bolt heating equipment. Bolttech Mannings, Inc. has 19 service and rental tooling locations across the US and provides onsite services and specialty rental tooling and equipment to the energy market focusing on the oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation, nuclear, steel, and wind turbine industries.
We have an openings for Field Machinists based out of the following locations
Sulphur, LA (Lake Charles, LA area)
Our Field Machinists provide expert field machining services including pipe cutting and beveling, flange facing, bolt drilling and tapping, MDM bolt disintegration, line boring and pipe isolation and line testing in customer plant locations.
Field Machinists must be able to:
- Perform the milling of pump & bases, machining ring joint flanges, flange facing/reconditioning, pipe cutting & beveling, tapping, drilling, stud removal, line boring, journal turning and keyway cutting.
- Work both independently and as part of a team with other field technicians.
- Troubleshoot and determine the proper methods to meet the customer's needs and specific applications.
- Meet and communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Properly uses and completes customer and company job related forms and paperwork.
- Properly uses, cares for and maintains company tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Travel 75%+
- Lift 50lbs
Our Field Machinists need to be able to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice. Out of town travel is required and costs are covered by the company. Candidates with construction or mechanical experience are preferred, as are those with trade school certification or knowledge of plant maintenance and repair work.
- Minimum of three (3) years of field machining experience in an industrial environment
- Experience in manual machining is required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver license with a clear driving record
- Ability to pass a medical exam, drug and alcohol test, respirator qualification test, and federal class background check in order to obtain a TWIC card
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Ability to work at heights or in enclosed spaces
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available