Updated: Feb 7 2013
||Operations Manager, Solids Control
||Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
PRECISION DRILLING - RED DEER, ALBERTA
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision is the second largest land drilling company in North America and has more than a half century of operating history. We have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the ''leading employer'' in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.
OPERATIONS MANAGER / SOLIDS CONTROL
The Solids Control Operations Manager provides direction and business support specific to Precision Rentals soilds control & power generation product lines. The position is responsible for overall operational procedures, budget planning, policies, regulations and business planning to facilitate growth. Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the overall adherence to government regulation and company policies and procedures thereby protecting the health and safety of all Precision employees;
• Managing the overall operations specific to the solids control and power generation business, in conjunction with other op's manager(s) to ensure that schedule, scope, and performance objectives are met or exceeded;
• Establishing and managing performance targets for all Precision team members that complement the company service objectives, and Target Zero safety focus;
• Maintaining customer relationships and handling customer concerns in a professional manner;
• Hiring, developing and assigning employees resources to support ongoing growth;
• Reviewing operations on a timely basis to identify and address scope, schedule and cost issues;
• Developing and managing mitigation plans to resolve identified issues;
• Managing expenses by controlling costs within the division including salaries & wages, employee performance, productivity, and communications; and,
• Developing all opportunities for integration of completion services, using other Precision companies wherever possible.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
• Responsible for the overall performance of divisional operations & safety performance
• Leadership of a large multi-functional group.
• 8 - 10 years oilfield experience, preferably obtained in the oilfield services sector, with specific experience in soilds control related equipment;
• Ability to understand and evaluate financial performance metrics in order to increase efficiencies
• Must be motivated and possess strong communication skills.
• Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
• Proven systematic and organized approach to multi-tasking.
• Strong leadership and staff management skills.
• Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
• High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
PROCESS FOR APPLYING:
Please submit your resume including your employment history, education, industry specific training as well as any skills and attributes that you think are applicable to this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available