The Reliability engineer will provide reliability support to the site by developing and implementing reliability engineering systems.
The position will be responsible for implementing Reliability methodologies like RBI (Risk Based Inspections), RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) and other reliability-based maintenance engineering principles and practices.
The position develops and oversees the implementation of a comprehensive multi-year ''Reliability Plan''.
• Applying appropriate reliability tools to drive improvements, optimize costs, and improve AE (i.e., Bad Actor Program, FMEA, RBI, RBM, RCM, Reliability Roadmap, etc.).
• Ensuring development of Critical Equipment list.
• Monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics for proactive identification and resolution of reliability issues.
• Supporting Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFAs) and corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive problems.
• Supporting the Bad Actor Program and create action plans for improving reliability.
o Development of new/replacement equipment specifications for ''bad actor'' pieces of equipment.
• Supporting the site Mechanical Integrity program.
o Including the development and maintainenance of the Vessel and Piping Inspection Program, Cathodic Inspection
program and relief device and flame arrestor programs.
• Supporting capital projects by supplying engineering expertise in the specification, design, and construction of capital projects in accordance with plant design requirements as well as regulatory and Client standards.
• Assisting in the preparation of spare parts and PM Lists for new equipment.
• Planning and coordinating the activities associated with the maintenance of equipment to improve plant and equipment availability and efficiency in support of site production requirements.
• Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods.
• Supporting the Maintenance Department on preventive maintenance requirements and practices.
• Monitor new tools and technology available in the maintenance marketplace.
• Assist in the department's adherence to any Lean Manufacturing objectives.
• Participate in reliability related incident investigations; prioritize action items, and follow-up on their implementation.
• Continued development of a multi-year reliability improvement plan, this plan will include the development and execution of capital and expense projects for various operating units at the Site.
• Provide continuous improvement to the yearly maintenance plan (preventive, predictive) and monitor its execution.
• Ensure lessons learned, best practices, action items of reliability incidents are communicated both internally to the Site and externally to other Sites and incorporated in the design of new projects and new technical specifications.
• Complete monthly reporting, as required.
• Act as primary focal point for reliability related work groups.
• Interface with all Site plant operations maintenance, engineering and research personnel as necessary.
• Maintain all reliability maintenance records and files for the analysis and reporting of all reliability maintenance-related business matters.
• Originate and develop analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes.
• Work with maintenance planner/scheduler to ensure maintenance and reliability issues are addressed correctly and efficiently.
• Identify areas of cost reduction, and prepare preventative Maintenance requirements for new and existing equipment.
• Active support of all EH&S policies and procedures.
Qualifications - Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
• BS Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
• 5 or more years of professional experience and equivalent reliability experience.
• Proven computer skills; work will be planned using the Client CMMS systems (SAP).
• Must have a sound technical knowledge of instrumentation, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
• Must have a general understanding of industrial maintenance procedures including work planning, PM, and repair parts acquisition.
• Must be capable of making business decisions based upon situation analysis and resources available.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Understanding of critical maintenance activities, i.e. static and rotating mechanical equipment repairs.
• Must be able to work in a diverse environment - working closely with mechanics, operators, engineers, and management to solve problems and address systemic issues related to mechanical equipment reliability.
• Demonstrated skills in the following Competencies:
• Customer Focus - identification of customer needs and required actions to assure that customers feel understood and satisfied.
• Work Management - ability to plan, prioritize and organize work and ensure adequate allocation of resources.
• Influencing and Impact - the ability to impress, convince or influence others.
• Organizational Awareness - the ability to identify, understand and utilize the power of relationships in one's own or other organizations (including customers, suppliers etc.).
• Leading - the ability to motivate and develop effective individuals and teams to achieve common goals.
: United States-Missouri-Palmyra