Nes Global Talent
Updated: Mar 7 2013
||Design Engineer, Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Competitve hourly rate on a 12 month renewable contract
||Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading oil and gas operator has an opportunity for Execution Engineer to assist with ongoing Oil Sands construction projects. This is a 12 month renewable contract based in Cold Lake, Alberta. This position will be a rotational role on a fly in / fly out basis.
Summary: This assignment is an opportunity to further develop and hone project execution/project management skills, coordination skills, planning skills, contract administration skills, insuring effective meetings, interface management, coordinating with engineering and finally learning more about the commissioning and startup phase of the project.
• The Execution Engineer is responsible for planning and executing the work related to JVD Shop Fabrication, TIWW Field Installation and Ecodyne Field Installation for the Nabiye Facility. This includes overall schedule and progress measurement responsibilities.
• Works interface issues between the aforementioned contracts and main construction contractor
• Work closely with project contract administrators to properly administer contracts for the areas mentioned above. In addition will assist with general site contract issues with JVD. Including but not limited to interpreting contractual responsibilities, contractual' s work scope's and managing any time and material work activities.
• Insure overall project schedule milestones are achieved and develop corrective action recommendations to project team. Work to Insure a smooth transition from Construction Areas to Systems to Support the Commissioning Efforts
• Will have Contract responsibility for the aforementioned work scope. This includes monitoring progress, ensuring appropriate reviews are conducted, managing change and preparing all contract correspondence.
• Responsible for engaging discipline engineers and expert resources from the Project Team and functions as required to complete their work scope consistent with the Project Objectives
• Administers Key Issues and Project Issues for assigned work scope
• Coordinate issues and planning between the construction team and commissioning and startup team.
• Coordinate interfaces the various teams (contractors/engineering/operations ) associated with the Nabiye project
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the completion of the aforementioned work scope consistent with the Nabiye Project Objectives
- Reviews contractor and vendor deliverables
- Verifies that contractor work processes are in place and procedures are followed
- Ensures contractor's work follows accepted practices and conforms to Specifications
- Authorizes subcontracts and field changes within DOAG
- Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improved performance
- Monitors contractor's performance and identifies any required corrective actions
- Leads the Contractor to identify and take corrective actions when required
- Escalates performance issues to PM when Contractor action is not forthcoming
- Verifies actions are taken and desired results are achieved
• Engages Project Team and functional resources to verify that the design and construction is consistent with project specifications and standards
- Develops and administers an Engagement Plan that anticipates required Company reviews, resolves known uncertainties and allows for additional resources to address unanticipated uncertainties
- Administers Key Issues and Project Issues for aforementioned work scope
- Consolidates and gains alignment on Company position
- Coordinates external reviews (DRRs, CRRs, IPRs) and administers follow-up action plan
- Coordinates spec deviations that require Functional SME reviews
• Serves as interface between Project Team and Contractor
- Coordinates meetings between Contractor and Project Team
- Administers and enforces Coordination Procedures
- Reviews and endorses MOCs for designated project component and ensures implementation of change
- Prepares correspondence to contractor and submits to PM for approval
• Ensures smooth transitions between project stages (engineering and procurement to construction to completion to startup)
- Develops interface plan and coordinates interfaces between components and stages and with other sites for specific area of responsibility
- Directs problem solving activities across project sites
- Coordinates external interfaces with other contractors and
- Assists with transition planning from EMDC to EMPC (handover to operations)
• Leads PMT in applying Project Management Systems
- Participates in development of monthly progress reports and provides work status to Project Manager
- Ensures Lessons Learned are effectively applied and captured
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS degree in an engineering field
• 4-6 years of experience through multiple functional or project assignments
• Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available