Proserv Operations, Inc.
Updated: Mar 14 2013
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Proserv is a production technology and services company for the global energy industry. Our expertise lies in the strength of our engineering capabilities, innovative solutions and field proven technologies.
Proserv has a large global footprint employing over 1300 people in 10 countries and 21 sites with brands such as Gilmore Valve and Argus Subsea. We offer customers a wide range of products and services for the entire oilfield lifecycle.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realise their fullest potential.
Design, plan and oversee the development, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment and/or machinery. Conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and improve efficiency.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
• Design new machines, equipment or systems taking into account cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, appearance and impact on the user and on the environment.
• Use computer-aided (CAD) to assist in design and drawing.
• Undertake the design and construction of resource development projects such as offshore platforms wellhead systems, valves, tubular items associated w/Drilling & Productions.
• Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
• Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning.
• Confer with personnel and customers to clarify or resolve problems, and develops design.
• Prepare or direct preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
• Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
• Analyze test data and reports to determine if test design meets functional and performance specifications.
• Confer with other engineering personnel and prepare design modifications as required.
• Evaluate engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
• Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company's, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
Bachelors or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant and equivalent engineering discipline.
• At least three years design engineering experience of subea equipment such as trees, manifolds, mudlines (subsea well heads), and/or general subsea products.
• Working knowledge and familiarity with API standards.
• 3D design software experience
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Ability to interface with professionals of all levels.
• Tree design experience.
• SolidWorks, Inventor or Pro-Engineering (Pro/E) software experience.
• Intermediate problem solving and project management skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available