T.D. Williamson, Inc. (TDW) was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1920 as an electrical contracting firm serving the emerging petroleum industry's needs for power. With over 55 locations worldwide, including offices in Canada, United States, Singapore, India, Norway, Belgium, TDW is the premier pressurized piping maintenance company in the oil and gas industry. We design and manufacture engineered solutions for monitoring, pigging, tapping, plugging, and inspecting essential piping systems. TDW products and services are recognized as standards of excellence around the world. The company is globally recognized for professional integrity, quality products, innovative technologies and high regard for customer relationships by standing behind the strongest product warranty in the industry.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
• Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
• Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
• Educational Assistance
• Company Bonus Program
Overview: Provide the best technical and commercial options for TDW clients and bridge the gap between the Sales and engineering Departments to generate quotes and bids in answer to our client's inquires. Organizes and executes pipeline service projects providing onsite technical support to cleints as needed.
1) Communicates with Sales Representatives / Regional General Managers and provides technical support to ensure client's needs on each proposal and scope of work are clearly understood;
2) Analyzes jobs from a technical point of view using customers' technical specifications;
3) Designs and coordinates the fabrication of special equipment, modification of existing equipment and maintenance of same to ensure company requirements and safety / quality guidelines are met;
4) Develops creative quotes that solve the customer's problems and delivers optimum profitability for company;
5) Ensures technical limitations of designs are clearly stated in quotes/bids;
6) Trains other Pipeline Support Solutions or WH service center personnel in the safe and proper operation and maintenance of equipment;
7) Continually challenges existing technical solutions, creating new and effective solutions through analysing existing technologies and identifying new opportunities.
8) Accountable for the execution of projects according to contract and identifies resources and assigns individual responsibilities within the project team;
9) Manages day-to-day operational aspects and scope of project in coordination with Pipeline Solutions personnel,
10) Minimizes company exposure to risk on project ensuring legal aspects are addressed where necessary,
11) Creates and executes project plans, revises them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements,
12) Organizes and reviews deliverables prior to submission to client,
13) Enforces project standards and applies internal controls,
14) Monitors invoicing and receivables,
15) Carries out "corrective action" and "customer satisfaction" studies on completion of each project,
16) Develops relationships with key clients where customers require a high degree of technical assistance supporting Sales Representatives and Western Hemisphere region;
17) Serves as a technical point of contact towards clients and engineering department in bid phase;
18) Participates in client meetings in order to present technical solutions, as needed;
19) Conducts on-site pre-job field audits / evaluations to identify clients' requests;
20) Solves technical issues with TDW equipment and provides answer to customers on specific requests.
Relationships with others & Communication:
1) Reports to General Manager, Pipeline Solutions Support,
2) Ensures an effective interface with the Sales Representatives and service center staff,
3) Develops good relationship with all members of Pipeline Solutions Support and acts as technical coach for team members when needed.
1) Ensures that scope and content of quotes/bids directly correlate to our client's specific inquiries,
2) Develops and maintains good relationships with customers,
3) Ensures that all sales representatives requests are treated correctly and within deadlines.
1) Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master's degree in Engineering or Business a plus,
2) Minimum of ten years engineering experience in pipeline industry with at least 3 years in project management,
3) Experience in construction management or other technical field experience preferred,
4) Working knowledge of applicable engineering codes,
5) Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at once with competing demands,
6) Good communication skills in English, both written and oral,
7) Must be willing and able to travel; 30-40% travel required.