The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, a major provider of oilfield products, systems and services, is looking for a Field Project Cost / Scheduler with strong LNG plant background for their Houston office.
***Before you apply, be sure that you are in compliance with the following:
• Have current residence in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered). PLEASE DO NOT apply if you live outside of the US; you will not be considered.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• meet the requirements specified below
Assigned position is in a multi-discipline Project Management Team (PMT) that provides general Project Management and oversight of project development, cost and schedule control and coordination during the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phases of stages 1 & 2 of our Liquefaction Projects.
The Field Project Cost / Scheduler will work closely with the Project Director and the Project Controls Director to oversee contractor schedules and develop schedules for Company activities; to assist in monitoring and forecasting Company controlled cost elements; and generally assists in the effective and efficient use of time and cost resources.
The assignment period includes project controls functions and activities for the upfront development, engineering, procurement, design, construction, turnover, startup and commissioning, project close-out and plant operations after handover.
Thorough knowledge of project controls functions, processes and procedures as they apply to EPC projects including both home office and field construction operations.
• Thorough knowledge of standard EPC contract terms, including hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed.
• Computer literate, including knowledge and experience in word processing, spreadsheets and typical office packages, and basic computer literacy.
• Knowledge and proficiency in CPM scheduling techniques, development, tracking, analyzing, updating, and reporting.
• Knowledge and proficiency in scheduling software applications, particularly Primavera P6.
• Knowledge and proficiency in cost control functions including budget development, cost analysis, forecasting, and variance reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Initial functions will include working in the Houston EPC contractor home office to review the contractor CPM schedule and assist the PMT / Operations & Maintenance personnel in the coordination of contractor revamp work schedules in order to minimize existing plant downtime.
• Work with EPC contractor Project Controls group to set up processes and systems to monitor, track and forecast costs related to the reimbursable soils work and existing plant work (Provisional Sums) of the Lump Sum agreement.
• Eventually transfer to the jobsite in SE Texas to perform cost / scheduling functions which will include:
a. Work with the Operations & Maintenance personnel and the EPC contractor scheduling personnel in the existing plant revamp detailed scheduling functions.
b. Monitor progress, schedule and costs of the soils and existing plant Provisional Sums work and report real and / or anticipated variances to the PMT.
c. Assist in the review and evaluation of contractor change orders as they relate to field activities.
d. Assist the home office Project Controls team in the monthly reporting of project cost / schedule status.
e. Assist the field construction management in coordination and support of field activities.
f. Monitor progress and assist in coordination of Company executed projects.
g. Assist in planning and coordination of LNG trains start-up.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
1. Education and Certifications: A High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience in project cost and scheduling functions, preferably within an operating company and / or an engineering & construction company. Minimum of 2 years field project controls experience, preferably with experience coordinating work in an operating plant.
a. Must be articulate and have effective drive and organizational skills.
b. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills.
c. Ability to work well with the Project Management Team under deadline situations and respond quickly to changes in priority.
d. Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
e. Employ problem solving skills and analysis and report problems to Managers, as necessary.