Updated: Jan 31 2013
||Planner / Scheduler, Project Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the position of Planning Engineer who will specialize in integrated project schedule preparation as well as measure progress on behalf of our client.
The Planning Engineer (PE) is a specialist in an integrated project schedule (P6) preparation for client facilities. The PE reviews Contractor Schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other project elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, WBS, and Project Plan. The PE also establishes the schedule requirements to ensure fit-for-purpose application in support of Project Execution. The PE strives for timely detection of trends and specific deviations from plan.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide overall P6 oversight and analysis of Contractors Integrated Project Schedule and progress measurement
• Analyze schedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts
• Monitor and report on Schedule implications of changes
• Monitor and report on Strategic Leadership Milestones (SLMs)
• Assist management in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
2. Maintain Client Level 1 Executive Schedule reflecting the current basis / outlook in
3. Advise Contractor with respect to project controls tools, schedule enhancements and reports that could improve processes and/or address deficiencies
4. Provide support and Schedule assistance for bimonthly Progress / Schedule Stewardship Meetings led by the Planning Stewardship Lead
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology
• 3 - 5 years prior oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Willing to travel overseas and work in a team environment
• Strong Influencing, Consulting, Mentoring, Analytical, and Computing skills
(Excel and Primavera-P6 required)
• Adaptability to changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from anyone meeting the requirements for any position for which we recruit and welcome your questions regarding this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available