The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, a major provider of oilfield products, systems and services, is looking for a Mechanical/Piping Engineer with strong LNG background for their Houston office.
***Before you apply, be sure that you are in compliance with the following:
• Have current residence in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered). PLEASE DO NOT apply if you live outside of the US; you will not be considered.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• meet the requirements specified below
First assigned position will be in Cameron Parish, LA after an initial 2 mos in the Houston office.
Assignment position is in a multi-discipline Project Management Team (PMT) that provides general Engineering and Construction oversight support during the Front End Engineering & Design (FEED) and EPC phases of a base load natural gas liquefaction/LNG export plant Project.
The assignment period includes tasks and activities for front end works, engineering, procurement support and assistance, design, construction, startup and commissioning, and plant operations after handover.
The members in the PMT will be located in EPC contractor's home offices during the FEED and engineering & procurement phase of the project and will relocate to site during the construction phase.
Understanding of all facets of LNG transportation, storage and processing including health, safety, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. In-depth knowledge of plant maintenance philosophies and design, operation and maintenance of equipment and systems within the terminal. Knowledge of FERC, USCG, DOT and OSHA regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• During FEED and detailed Engineering, provide controls and design recommendations as the lead Owner Mechanical Engineer. Participation in progressing the engineering design and monitoring the Contractor and subcontractors for adherence to LNG codes, ASME, API and other standards and project design basis, that provides safe, reliable, optimized constructability, and cost effectiveness to build, operate and maintain.
• Develops engineering specifications and provides guidance and quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness.
• Review and comment on the P&ID's, PFD's, other design drawings and project specifications for acceptability and compliance with the Project requirements and provide optimization suggestions as required. Participate in Process Hazard Analysis, HAZOPS and other formal hazard assessment groups.
• Attends factory acceptance tests of mechanical equipment and rotating equipment packages and vessels, prior to shipment to the project site.
• At the Construction Site, provide controls to the safe work of the Contractor and subcontractors, adherence to approved designs, project specifications, schedule and budget that comply with safety and environmental regulations/procedures, and other statutory requirements. Provide engineering expertise, guidance, and perform inspections of piping and equipment installations for compliance to design and installation standards, specifications, welding specifications, and non-destructive testing of pressure vessels, tanks and piping.
• Monitors plant and equipment performance during commissioning and startup by reviewing production and controls data by exception and identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement.
• During Construction, lead the Management of Change process for all Mechanical plant modifications, review and approve changes through the change order process and verify that documents and drawings are up to date.
• During the construction phase of the project, the Mechanical Engineer will monitor and direct the activities of Piping and Welding Inspectors. He is to review their work for thoroughness and accuracy.
• Keep Project Manager informed of any technical, schedule or cost impacts due to document control works and any impacts to other project tasks & activities.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
1. Education and Certifications: A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required and Professional Engineering License in good standing with at least one state is preferred
2. Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer with a process plant background within the LNG industry. Static equipment experience is a must
a. Must be articulate and have effective organizational skills.
b. A high level of safety awareness and knowledge of applicable LNG regulations is required.
c. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
d. Computer literate with typical office packages simulation applications and basic computer literacy
e. Excellent knowledge of the design, operation and maintenance of equipment and systems within the facility is required.
f. Knowledge of plant maintenance philosophies and working experience of plant maintenance systems is also required.