Worldwide Recruitment Solutions (WRS)
Updated: Feb 3 2013
||Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, unconventional, tight gas, shale gas
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$180,000 - $230,000
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Regional Director of Reservoir engineering is interviewing now for this senior level, lead role...
A major oil and gas company who has set its sights on becoming the major onshore US operator. With operations in 37 countries, building on 40 years of experience, they are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. Employing more than 21,000 individuals worldwide, they can offer anyone an excellent career opportunity.
To date my client has invested more than USD $11 billion in US Onshore upstream activities, and currently produces more than 70,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day. They have recently acquired a number of shale assets and want to build a successful team to manage this development.
Based in Houston the position will report directly to the Director of Reservoir engineering helping to lead the successful development of newly acquired Marcellus shale assets.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
• 10 + years of experience, preferably with US onshore operations
• The position requires strong technical skills, ability to work well with others and a desire to make a difference on potentially large impact opportunities
• Very proficient with databasing and the relevant software
• Experience in unconventionals with shale gas and/or tight gas plays, is desired
• Experience with the Marcellus in particular is highly desirable
• Ability to effectively use well data and production databases (IHS, HPDI etc)
• Familiar with software such as Excel, Spotfire, Aries, RTA Fekete, OFM, Eclipse etc
Your key duties will include:
• Provide reservoir engineering technical expertise for the Marcellus subsurface team
• Manage, maintain and analyse a large well database
• Help customize the engineering software solutions/simulators for this project
• Develop and apply new technology/theories to the analysis of unconventional reservoirs and production performance with emphasis on optimization of new horizontal wells, reservoir characterization and reserves analysis
• Able to assist with internal and SEC reserves reporting on annual basis
• Improve the determination of the ultimate recovery per well/prospect
• Engineering skills from production decline analysis and analytical modelling to numerical simulation
• Able to effectively evaluate production and pressure data of existing wells with emphasis on deliverability prediction for economics modelling
• Some understanding of fracture analysis and fracture stimulation modelling, expected to work closely with completions and production engineers
• Capable to work with a large amount of data, and present and work with stakeholder, both internal and external
My client offers offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
WRS have interview slots available with the respective Directors for the next 7 days so if you have the above skills and experience and are looking to work for a global leader apply now. For suitable applicants WRS will provide full information on the client, projects and role.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available