Updated: Feb 22 2013
||Cost Engineer, FPSO/FPU , Purchasing, Lead Buyer, Project buyer, Procurement
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Texas, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A procurement manager is required for a Global oil and gas company who specialise in the construction of FPSO's, Tension Leg Platforms, FLNG's, and Semi-Subs.
You will be working from the office in Houston, Texas, USA and involved in a number of projects as you take the lead of the procurement department.
The role comprises:
• Managing the procurement of material and services for assigned projects and ensure all items are procured at optimal cost and delivered on time, while meeting HSEQ and all specification requirements.
• Defining and directing activities of all procurement personnel for assigned projects. Implement, track and communicate performance criteria for measuring Procurement Department Performance Levels.
• Maintaining, evaluating and expanding on reliable sources of supply and backup sources of supply to ensure adequate suppliers production capacity. Developing new suppliers.
• Recommend and execute sourcing strategies for all critical and/or complex purchases.
• Authorize purchase orders and other contractual agreements in accordance with policies and procedure for assigned projects. Ensuring that all purchase orders are properly prepared and marked with accurate account numbers in accordance with Accounting Requirements.
• Negotiating major purchase orders and review commercial terms with Contract Administration Manager, Procurement Manager, Finance and Commercial as appropriate.
In return for a competitive salary and excellent company benefits and bonuses
You should possess:
Degree in business administration or procurement or eight years internal experience with proven performance and thorough knowledge of engineered equipment and the project procurement process. Professional certification preferred.
• Minimum eight years professional experience in major equipment procurement in a Lead Buyer role.
• Experience with supply chain management, supplier quality systems, awareness of industry cost drivers, commercial contract management and implementation of sourcing strategies.
• Must have thorough understanding of internal and customer requirements for the project equipment, material, or services required.
• Strong knowledge of organizational structure.
• A proficiency in mentoring, thinking creatively & project planning.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available