Updated: Feb 6 2013
||Budget / Cost Control, Project Controls
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Edmonton, AB, Canada
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client who is a leading Oil and Gas Operator are currently looking for a Senior Cost Control Analyst to work on either a contract or staff basis in Edmonton. This position is primarily responsible for the management, tracking and accurate reporting of cost, schedule and planning related to construction activities on assigned major projects.
* Ensure that Project costs and forecasts are accurate and up to date by coordinating regularly with various contractors.
* Conduct critical analysis of project costs and budget and provide corrective actions.
* Provide input for bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports.
* Provide timely and accurate reporting of contractors' performance including cost, schedule, material receiving, and quality on a per shift basis.
* Interface with the Project Controls, Project Management groups and construction contractors to ensure established tracking and reporting requirements are being fulfilled.
* Responsible for providing project management reporting on all assigned projects as required.
* Participate in site coordination meetings to maintain level of familiarity of project status, as well as to be of assistance in areas of reporting and cost.
* Co-responsible for cost analysis, development and presentation of cost impact integration measures to the project management.
* Organize materials for the preparation of weekly and monthly meetings, presentations.
The Ideal candidates should have:
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business, Construction Management, Certificate in Engineering Technology, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 4 to 8 years of project controls experience.
* Intermediate to advanced experience in cost control including craft labour and construction materials and equipment control.
* Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Intermediate knowledge in contract administration.
* Experience with oil, gas or petrochemical facility construction is preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis.
* Ability to apply project controls principles to a multi discipline projects.
* A working knowledge of planning & scheduling work processes related to construction project controls.
* Valid Class 5 Driver's License and a good driving record.
* Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. The position could occasionally require the ability to work in an aggressive or potentially confrontational environment.
Ref No: HQ00017987
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available