National Oilwell Varco
Updated: Jan 30 2013
||Sales and Marketing
||Conroe, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Manage the introduction of new Product Lines and the Product Life Cycles of current and future products to ensure profitable market share growth. Critical in the process is the development of a product strategy that addresses product positioning, product line features and pricing, target segments, and time lines for commercializations, as well as product line rationalization
- Primary point of contact within NOV Downhole for specific product or concept
- Interface directly with Sales team and Regional Business Development Directors to identify technology or improvements required to grow revenues and market share, and to define priorities of ongoing initiatives
- Work closely with Business Development Managers to determine market segmentation, size, applications and marketing requirements; including technical, price and geographic dimensions.
- Develop the Business Case to take ideas from IMS / NOVel concept stage through the commercialization phase and beyond.
- Manage projects through Stages 1 & 2 in the Innovation Management System (IMS) and define project priorities for the Engineering group for Stage 3 - Product Development & Lab Testing.
- Identify and address issues affecting product technology delivery, to ensure the consistent flow of reliable, high quality product to the market.
- Work with vendors and Supply Chain to address supply/quality issues of purchased parts
- Provide limited technical support to internal and external customers for specific products
- Identity opportunities and assist in written material for technical papers and articles
- Provide enhanced communication of technology development to the organization that is direct, constructive, and frequent
- Provide input and promote materials for in-house training
- Ensure supporting documentation (manuals, specs, price lists, etc.) required for internal and external customers is available to those who require them.
- Define requirements for, and assist in sustaining and creation of any software for product support
- Principal contact for product technology training. Ensure material is accurate, consistent, and up-to-date. Regulate who is sufficient in expertise to provide the training.
- Requires a strong familiarity with NOV functional structure and processes.
- Experience or functional knowledge on all types of drilling tools and drilling processes required.
- Project management experience required.
- Previous product line support experience prefefred.
- Functional use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PPT preferred
- JD Edwards experience a plus.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available