Our client, a major Oil and Gas Owner Operator is looking for an Electrical Engineer for their operation in the Calgary office.
The Electrical Engineer will be an essential source of expertise, providing technical guidance and support to ongoing operations and sustaining capital projects within our Thermal In-Situ business. This position will hold accountability for design, construction, maintenance, and operation of electrical equipment including power distribution switchgear, MCCs, VFDs, motors, and electrical heat trace installations. This is a hands-on role which provides autonomy and the opportunity to have a direct influence on production, efficiency, and project costs.
* Contribute to the overall success of the client operations through interaction with a cross functional team including Maintenance, Operations, Projects, and other engineering disciplines
* Provide oversight for contractors and assist in the development of engineering deliverables (Scoping, EDS, and Detailed Engineering), ensuring work is on time and on budget
* Ensure all applicable electrical standards, specifications and regulations are met and make recommendations for best practices
* Develop supervisory skills by coordinating the efforts of the contractors in their area of specialty and ensuring the contractors diligently perform all obligations (quality, schedule and cost)
* Participate in and contribute to all aspects and phases of projects from bid package preparation to bid evaluation, design, construction, and troubleshooting
* Ensure electrical maintenance and reliability requirements have been addressed for repairs, plant changes, and major equipment purchases
* Initiate plant equipment replacement, improvement, and modification projects
* Develop and review project design standards and specifications; equipment data sheets, and plant layouts
* Oversee the electrical portion of sustaining capital projects and Management of Change initiatives including budget preparation, design, and implementation
* Authorized to work in Canada
* Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with an Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications.
* Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
* Familiarity with and understanding:
-Canadian electrical codes, practices, and regulations
-Thermal in-situ (SAGD or CSS) an asset
Ref. N. 00017973
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.