SGS North America Inc
Updated: Feb 15 2013
||Construction Manager, QA / QC / Inspection, AWS, ASME, NACE, and API specifications. Excellent teamwork, leadership and strong project management skills enhanced with strong interpersonal and customer focused proficiencies. Previous experience leading the delivery of the fabricated equipment and experience with management of vendors in a global environment.
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Client has identified a resource requirement for the clients furnished equipment delivery team for a Project Focal Point / Skids and Equipment Coordinator.
The individual shall be the primary support for the Topsides Engineering Team in the construction management area of the clients furnished Equipment.
This position shall serve as a focal point for all construction issues from VAR 3 through to project completion This lead role ensures that the fabricated components and engineered equipment are constructed in accordance with all applicable internal and external drawings, specifications, regulatory codes, and quality assurance requirements to meet customer needs in a cost-effective manner.
This is a full time position that will require 60% in the clients office and 40 % at a Fabricator/Vendor site.
Primary goals are to:
• Provide delivery / coordination of Shell provided equipment and packages
Delivery includes cost / schedule / transportation / documentation control / inspector coordination / interface management between Shell and the vendors.
• Accountable for ''leading'' the quality delivery of engineered and manufactured equipment per the specified requirements (DEPs, DEMs, Project Standards / Guides, local requirements) for the project.
• Drive HSSE compliance and behaviors in line with corporate initiatives.
• Coordinate inspection services to the project during onshore fabrication through the fabrication assurance team and help champion the utilization of QIRMS.
• Work with the project quality leads to address the quality risks associated with vendor provided equipment - including assurance that the processes are working.
• Ensures robust quality assurance plans for manufactured/engineered equipment are in place on projects and being utilized.
• Participate in drawing and constructability reviews, procurement strategies, bid evaluation and Contractor/Vendor pre qualifications, and attend pre award meeting.
• Monitor fabrication progress to ensure project delivery dates and work with engineering to validate technical requirements are met.
• Ensure previous project SFE learning's are incorporated into the project
Experience and Required skills
At least 10 years of related experience of construction management, front-end planning, and experience in modules and engineered equipment fabrication. One must have a working knowledge in these areas; AWS, ASME, NACE, and API specifications. Excellent teamwork, leadership and strong project management skills enhanced with strong interpersonal and customer focused proficiencies. Previous experience leading the delivery of the fabricated equipment and experience with management of vendors in a global environment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available