EDGE Systems LLC
Updated: Aug 22 2013
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Depends on Experience
||The Woodlands, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
EDGE Systems LLC is a new division of a widely respected oilfield service company that develops, leases, rents and sells software and hardware solutions to service providers and oil companies. The company has developed and continues to develop wellsite and client solutions for globally monitoring and locally controlling rig operations. This includes gas analyzers, hazardous area and general sensor data acquisition, mud logging solutions, wireless and satellite data transmission and server solutions plus shortly geosteering and directional drilling software. EDGE Systems is well positioned for continued expansion in this demanding and specialized marketplace.
At EDGE Systems, we believe our greatest asset is our employees. Our success is due to a combination of well-trained, qualified personnel with technical backgrounds and the integration of state of the art technology.
We are currently seeking an Engineering and Field Support Technician for The Woodlands, Texas corporate office.
• The ideal candidate must be a hard-working, dependable individual prepared to work with engineers designing and building prototypes in the office as well as field testing new solutions at the wellsite.
• Further, the successful candidate will be responsible for upgrading and troubleshooting rental acquisition, gas analysis and computational equipment returned to the center by Field Operations.
• Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels of key spare parts for shipment to field offices for local maintenance.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Strong knowledge of computers, PLC's and data acquisition and monitoring systems and aptitude for learning software solutions for the oilfield.
• Be familiar with Microsoft solutions and general use of MS Office, Visio, etc.
• Knowledge of real time software acquisition tools an advantage.
• Be familiar with power systems and electrical wiring to insure safe and adequate installation of prototypes.
• Have good troubleshooting skills to diagnose problems with new and existing software, electronic and pneumatic designs.
• Familiar with the safety requirements associated with working at industrial sites such as oil rigs.
This job requires:
• Thorough knowledge of electronics, electrical wiring and associated test equipment plus knowledge of pneumatic systems would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot software and equipment.
• Effective intra-company communications ability with Operations Managers, Field Technicians and Engineering staff.
• Effective communications with client technical staff to resolve field issues with software and hardware.
• General knowledge of oilfield drilling procedures and equipment an advantage.
• Participate in the development and construction of prototype hardware.
• Participate in the development of real time, web and server software development and troubleshooting.
• Manage field testing of prototypes.
• Fault find equipment returned from the field that is beyond the capabilities of the company's field technicians.
• Maintain the central technical parts warehouse for the company.
• Maintain and track systems received, built and supported from The Woodlands location.
• Maintains cell phone in an adequately charged condition in order to be available by telephone for field support.
• Submits all receipts pertaining to company credit card charges and cash expenditures to Engineering or Office Manager no later than the 6th of each month.
• Maintains a clean personal appearance and represents EDGE Systems in a professional manner.
Giving back to the employee is a priority at EDGE Systems. This is achieved through a benefit package that includes: Competitive pay, health, dental & vision insurance, and a 401k plan (with a company match). EOE
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
• More than 5 years' experience in a similar technical position, preferably in the oilfield.
• 2 year diploma in a related technical field or 10 years' experience.
• Ability to work in industrial environment (wellsite) lifting and manipulating EDGE Systems equipment.
• A clean driving license.
Please note, If you do not possess the applicant requirements you need not apply.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available