Axon Energy Products
Updated: Feb 18 2013
||Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The key responsibility required for this role is to prepare commissioning philosophy and execution plans for all items of equipment and systems, and establish means of following up progress against plan.
• Manage and supervise team of commissioning engineers, inspectors, and support personnel.
• Work with clients to coordinate overall approach to commissioning philosophy and plan.
• Produce and check all pre-commissioning/commissioning specifications and procedures.
• Coordinate all FATs, EFATs, IATs and SITs.
• Familiarity with and ability to produce Permits to Work (PTW) and other commissioning notices and documents.
• Review and approve vendor and subcontractors commissioning plans.
• Ensure that OTPs are agreed with and accepted by clients.
• Ensure that commissioning punch lists are created with anomalies prioritized, and establish plans to resolve punch list items.
• Technically approve close-out of punch list items.
• Coordinate with various engineering disciplines and project management for mobilization of personnel to witness factory acceptance tests and commissioning.
• Liaise with regulatory and verification bodies to ensure that any performance tests of safety critical elements are acceptable to and witnessed by verifier.
• Liaise with vendors, subcontractors and company site personnel on questions related to commissioning.
• Ensure that all personnel involved in pre-commissioning and commissioning understand the scope of commissioning works and organization of commissioning operation prior to its commencement.
• Prepare man-hour estimates required to participate in commissioning tasks.
• Manage commissioning activities within budget and schedule.
• Evaluate equipment designs and standards, and revise commissioning procedures where applicable.
• Benchmark commissioning activities and identify areas of improvement.
• Work within provisions and guidelines of quality assurance systems.
• Follow guidelines for personal safety and work within company's HSE procedures.
• BS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent in relevant discipline
• Ten (10) years experience in on-site commissioning of new construction drilling facilities
• Detailed knowledge of design Codes and industry standards applicable to process engineering
• Knowledgeable with all types of drilling equipment and systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present complex technical issues in clear and concise manner
• Ability to comply with company's production, quality and safety standards
• Ability to work fluctuating work schedules and extensive work hours required by workloads
• Other engineering degree with equivalent level qualification
• Five (5) years of related experience in an operations/project/design function
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available