Updated: Apr 22 2013
||Maintenance Technician, Piping Supervisor
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
PRECISION DRILLING - HOUSTON, TEXAS
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision is the second largest land drilling company in North America and has more than a half century of operating history. We have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the ''leading employer'' in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.
TUBULAR EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
The Tubular Equipment Technician is accountable for daily communication with Rig Managers and Field Superintendents on coordinating inspections, repairs, transportation and other requests regarding drill strings. Responsibilities include:
• Supplying requested information to Billings and Sales departments;
• Receiving tubular inspections, entering into SAP database, generating third party invoices for repairs and following up on inspections with repairs, hard banding, etc;
• Generating purchase orders and determining what can be third partied to operator;
• Directing storage facility representatives of work to be completed;
• Maintaining accurate and current inventories on rigs and storage locations;
• Initiating work orders, purchasing and tracking budgeted and expansion tubular orders;
• Communicating with new tubular suppliers and approving order confirmations;
• Coordinating and expediting with supply companies on the transportation, hard banding and coating of all new tubulars;
• Generating invoices and purchase orders for inspections, repairs, transportation, purchases, etc;
• Shipping and receiving of tubulars upon request and arranging transportation where required;
• Fielding phone calls and providing technical information and support;
• Willing to travel in the U.S.;
• Partaking in a 24 hour on-call schedule; and
• Other duties as assigned by the Tubular Manager
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma;
• Must have experience working with drilling rig equipment and tubulars / drill string;
• Computer skills (SAP, Word, Excel);
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal; and,
• Ability to multi-task and manage time appropriately.
PROCESS FOR APPLYING:
Please submit your resume including your employment history, education, industry specific training as well as any skills and attributes that you think are applicable to this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available