Updated: Jan 25 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Cenergy is the most dependable source of workforce solutions in the oil and gas industry. We provide specialized energy personnel, safety services, inspection solutions, logistics optimization and vendor management. We're dedicated to delivering the right people, with the right knowledge and experience, anywhere in the world.
Partnering with our client, we are currently searching for an Electrical Engineer.
- Plant will be built on a mainland site in Australia, while Engineering is being done in Houston and Shanghai, with module yards in Malaysia and China.
- As a member of the Houston based Downstream Engineering Team, this position will support the Engineering, Procurement, Module Delivery, and Site Construction teams through Detail Design, Fabrication, Construction, and Commissioning.
- Position will serve as a Company representative in the EPC Contractor's office and will be a member of a multi-functional project team responsible design, fabrication, and installation of a Greenfield power system with 140MW installed generation with primary distribution up to 132 kV. Power plant includes 4x LM-6000 GTG's, and two 10MW Expander-Generators.
- Deliver downstream electrical facilities for EPC design with focus on inherent safety in design, operability, and maintainability of electrical generating and power distribution equipment.
- Deliver downstream telecommunication facilities for EPC design with focus on inherent safety in design, operability, and maintainability of telecom equipment.
- Deliver Electrical Engineering related OE Items and support other OE items as appropriate.
- Support the IIF and ZAP culture by cascading throughout the Downstream Technical Team and contractor organizations Personnel and Organization.
- Support the Downstream Technical Team organizational structure and staffing required to complete Phase 4.
- Use appropriate internal and external resources required for downstream electrical Phase 4 deliverables (ETC, contractors, Vendors, etc).
- Obtain additional on-project resources (agency, direct hire) as workload dictates.
- Support team development with other Wheatstone teams and Contractor Technical / Project Management / Interface.
- Deliver the EPC technical documents for the Downstream facilities work scope.
- Assure Safety in Designs for Electrical equipment is fully incorporated by Contractor for assuring quality technical deliverables (internal and contractor).
- Ensure work processes are applied for downstream technical deliverables.
- Support interface data compilation for downstream technical deliverables.
- Deliver downstream engineering execution plan for Phase 4.
- Support VIPs utilized for downstream BOD development.
- Support discipline specific downstream technical risk mitigation plans.
- Support downstream RAM study requirements.
- Support development of downstream facilities cost estimate.
- Support downstream discipline specific PEP development.
- Deliver Electrical and Telecom studies for Phase 4.
- Support downstream and upstream facility related interfaces.
- Support VIP and Best Practices utilization.
- Support assurance activities.
- Support Operation Excellence in the development of technical deliverables.
- Support module engineering design and review activities to support module phase 4 planning for electrical and telecom systems.
- Ensure lessons learned from other LNG Projects are applied during module fabrication. Position will provide overall leadership for: 3D model reviews of modules for lay-out, constructability & access compliance; support transport planning & specifications (SPMT and marine).
- Beneficial background / experience includes: design and fabrication of large land modules or platform decks, fabrication yard or field engineering, Intergraph SmartPlant 3D model skills, structural design or piping design. Review work done by the contractor.
- Identify key issues/risks and involve Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed.
- Coordinate the efforts of the SMEs, develop risk mitigation plans, review specification, etc.
- Commits to and champions the development and implementation of a safe working environment for everyone on the project and the continuing establishment of an incident and injury free culture Technical: Experience with design and fabrication Teamwork: Effectively work as member of multi-functional Asset Team. and develop positive relationships with the EPC Contractor and fabrication yards.
- Eligible to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Please upload a copy of all required certifications and training.
- Must be able to work independently under consultant's own direction.
- Client only interested in results attained.
- Degree Electrical Engineer.
- 10-20 years experience required in oil & gas production or refining environment.
- Familiar with industry and company standards, specifications, and guidelines for stated disciplines.
- Participate in civil / structural / module design, human factors and constructability workshops, and incorporates results into project designs.
- Experience with Australian building codes and standards would be advantageous.
- Position may include travel to vendor shop for periodic inspection.-Business trips may be required to: module yards in China and Malaysia, Shanghai, and Plant site in Australia.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available