Updated: Jan 28 2013
||Document Control, IT - Sys Admin & Support, Safety Engineering
||Shreveport, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Business / Project:HSE
Job type:Full Time Regular (USA)
Location:US - Louisiana - Shreveport
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
- To provide high quality HSE technical and administrative support to the Permian PU HSE Team.
- The HSE Systems Administrator will specifically support the technical disciplines of operational support, safety & risk engineering, emergency response, environmental engineering, regulatory and health & hygiene.
- Participate in initiatives to promote visible and pro-active team commitment to HSEC activities.
- Compose and prepare presentation materials and reports including figures, diagrams, and documents, ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Serve as HSE Systems Administrator for the incident reporting and action management systems
- Serve as Chem-Alert Administrator for the hazardous materials inventory and risk classification system
- Provide emergency response coordination support to the Incident Management Team (IMT) including, but not limited to:
- IMT facilities preparedness
- Development and update of IMT documentation
- Development & update of IMT software support systems
- Assist with the development & execution of exercises and drills
- Assist with the development and presentation of emergency response training
- Produce technical analyses as required to support HSE Team Leader and discipline specialists.
- Administer document control procedures as they relate to HSE controlled documents.
- Provide assistance in Action Tracking and Closeout.
- Facilitate, perform data gathering and prepare weekly, monthly, bi-annual Petroleum /Corporate reports as required.
- Assist with preparation of technical reports and presentations.
- Arrange meetings / prepare agendas / document minutes of department, technical and project meetings.
- Organise complex domestic / international travel, including documentation, travel inductions and packs for in-country assets
- Provide technical / project support within the HSE team as required.
KEY DELIVERABLES / KEY DIMENSIONS
- Uses a Risk-based approach
- Provides Coaching to others
- Ensures OAQC of reports
- Solid work ethic with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Initiative and creativeness
- Proven Problem Solver
- Self motivated
- Team Player
- Organisational Skills
- Ability to schedule and prioritise activities
- PMPU HSE Manager
- PMPU HSE Supervisor
- PMPU HSE Superintendents
- Peers - HSE and Regulatory Specialists, Safety and Risk Engineers
- Operations Team
The PMPU HSE Systems Administrator Operations will be an office based position and will be a full time position reporting to the PMPU HSE Supervisor. This position will involve a small amount of domestic travel.
The role will provide support for the sites formally through the HSE team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position, preferably in the oil and gas industry and with HSE, IT or Production/ petrochemical experience preferred.
- Other languages optional
Experience & Technical Competencies (combination of):
- Proven competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, project
- Experience/background in graphical design is a plus
- GSAP Experience Preferred
- Document Management System Experience Preferred
- Demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- Service delivery orientation: Understanding and responding to customer requirements, anticipating customer needs
- Business / Administrative skills: Setting priorities and objectives, organising, monitoring and evaluating progress, maintaining and establishing procedures / standards
- Teamwork: Working in collaboration with others and acting as a focal point for the team
- Communication skills: Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Initiative: Identifying work arounds and improvements opportunities.
- Knowledge of BHP Billiton systems preferred.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available