Updated: Feb 21 2013
||Instrument & Controls Engineer, HMI, SCADA, PLC, Allen-Bradley
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Opportunity for an Intermediate or Senior Automation Programmer to join an independent E&I Engineering company based in Calgary on a permanent basis.
The company has built a solid reputation in Calgary for offering a reliable and reputable service to both national and international operators with interests in the Alberta Oil sands. Due to the high demand of these projects, the company is growing rapidly and intends to expand the number of employees from its current staffing levels of 50 to 150 over the next three years, to cover the current levels of demand and the future growth of the business.
For the right candidate our client will offer; a permanent position with a relocation package, competitive salary, inclusive of medical benefits and pension contributions, combined within a dynamic work environment where highly motivated individuals are recognized and rewarded.
This is position is also open to UK and European Nationals.
Key responsibilities include:
* Implementation, testing and commissioning of control system code on a variety of control platforms. The code is primarily based on Engineering designs, but not exclusively.
* Accountable for the configuration and programming of many major brands of PLC, HMI/SCADA equipment
* Develop, analyse and check shutdown keys of various size and complexity
* Review P&ID's and provide information and insight for reviews and HAZOP studies
* On-site installations and commissioning (current ratio is 90% office and 10% field work)
* Assist in instrumentation and calibration of devices for successful Factory Acceptance Testing and commissioning tasks
* Assist in the development of internal processes to effectively manage projects, resources and time
The ideal candidate will have:
* 5+ years of experience with PLC/DCS or other types of Oil and Gas automation equipment
* Programming experience with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix or CompactLogix PLC's
* Programming experience with Modicon ProWORX NxT, Concept, DeltaV and Unity
* HMI Development experience in one or more of the following applications:
- Factory Talk View SE
- Citect Scada
* Knowledge of SCADA systems and how to interface
* Experience with communications and networking applications such as ControlNet, EthernetIP, Modbus, RTU and Modbus TCP
* Capability to occasionally travel to and work on client sites - as this position combines office environment work with intermittent on-site field experience
Ref No: HQ00017328
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available