Opportunity for an Intermediate or Senior Intergraph SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL) Administrator to join an independent E&I Engineering company based in Calgary on a permanent basis.
The company has built a solid reputation in Calgary for offering a reliable and reputable service to both national and international operators with interests in the Alberta Oil sands. Due to the high demand of these projects, the company is growing rapidly and intends to expand the number of employees from its current staffing levels of 50 to 150 over the next three years, to cover the current levels of demand and the future growth of the business.
For the right candidate our client will offer; a permanent position with a relocation package, competitive salary, inclusive of medical benefits and pension contributions, combined within a dynamic work environment where highly motivated individuals are recognized and rewarded.
This is position is also open to UK and European Nationals.
Key responsibilities include:
* Assisting with the implementation of SPEL, as well as to develop and maintain the tool for the various owner operators
* The creation, continuous improvement, support and administration of the SPEL templates, reports, symbols and blocks, and data dictionary, as well as creation of appropriate documentation to support the use of the application.
* Accountable for the implementation and usage of SmartPlant Electrical application, as well as the implementation and support of the standards within the SPEL application
* Responsible for managing the standards, processes and documentation required to ensure the currency, quality, integrity, security and availability of electrical engineering data
* Creation, continuous improvement, support and administration of the SPEL templates, reports and data dictionary customization, as well as maintain accurate reference data, based on Client standards and Canadian Electrical Code
* First line of support for connectivity, database, and administration tools related to SPEL
* Assist in interface investigation and development between SPEL and SPI
* Responsible for the analysis of software deficiencies, or identified required improvements escalation of such issues as required with the software manufacturer, and the implementation of provided solutions for its improvement in a timely manner
* Guidance and/or direction to EPC administrators on SPEL environment administration and management, modelling requirements/processes and coordination
* Manage internal/external client relationships, subcontractors and suppliers on a daily basis
* Development of SPEL execution work procedures
* Issue of bulletins for required communications/clarifications
The ideal candidate will have:
* 5-7+ years of experience as an Industry recognized application specialist with SmartPlant Electrical
* Support (SPEL) project execution proficiency in Oil/Gas or PetroChemical related technical experience
* Engineering Design Systems environment analysis, development or handover expertise at a technical level
* Technical understanding of IT infrastructure requirements related to SmartPlant tools
* Business analysis, data analysis and quality assurance skills
* Strong computer skills (MS products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VB script programming.
* LiveLink experience and Visual Basic programming an asset)
Ref No: HQ00017329
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.