The ideal candidate is a critical component to ensuring proper planning and execution of post manufacturing services to our customers. This will be an Aftermarket Technical Service Engineer's responsibility include, but are not limited to: field installation support, technical documentation, product design review and validation, technical planning, customer interface, project execution, product and system troubleshooting, performance testing, product maintenance, repair and refurbishment.
• BS degree in Engineering required; For Topside Controls: BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred
• Generally 5+ years of experience in the field
• Ability to train others in the application of engineering practices as related to area of specialty/product, including code and criteria requirements. Beginning to understand peripheral specialties and products.
• Understands the components of department or project priorities related to the work being performed. Understand customer requirements.
• Design engineering plans and review the work of others evaluating the effectiveness, safety, and economic impact of designs and developing recommendations to optimize results, as needed. Beginning to approve design of others. Have a mastery of product interfaces and gaining a mastery of system interfaces.
• Strong computer proficiency with applicable software applications in related field.
• Advanced analytical and problem solving. Beginning to utilize prevention skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail important.
• Ability to establish deadlines for self and manage priorities is critical.
• Make recommendations related to requirement changes. Gaining an understanding of the impact on other projects.
• Must be able to receive a Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC)
Proactively participate in HSE initiatives, START, JSAs and risk assessments.
Responsible for using sound judgment, safe work practices, and delivering high quality work on-time.
Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
Familiar with and can utilize industry code requirements, quality requirements, and customer requirements.
Using the CAD and data base systems and facilities to generate layouts, analyze designs, and evaluate equipment systems.
Understands and interprets system, field and detailed schematics and the ability to troubleshoot hydraulic systems.
Reviews and approves technical documentation related to engineering changes; ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Information) and engineering specification/requirements and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering deliverables.
Participate in design reviews and consult with other departments on designs and field related applications.
Provide on/offshore technical support for assembly/refurbishment and offshore operations. Identify root cause of problems and document appropriately. Develop and communicate alternative solutions and associated benefits and risks.
Reviews/approves clear technical instructions regarding refurbishment, installations, maintenance and/or repair of equipment following quality requirements.
Proper and timely entry of engineering hours in SAP.
Understanding of subsea environment with respect to materials, cathodic protection, corrosion (pitting, HISC, galvanic etc.), calcareous deposits, marine growth.
Understands of different coating and surface treatment applications (Xylan, paint, electroless nickel, phosphating, nitriding, carburising etc.).
Is skilled in safety aspects related to real-life environment of using/installing company equipment, at onsite and offsite locations.
Can support FMECA, Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), and Hazard and Identification Study (HAZID).
US Citizen or Permanent Resident, please.