Updated: Jan 23 2013
||Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician
||Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
||Minot, ND, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Hess Corporation, with headquarters in New York, is a global integrated energy company engaged in the exploration, production, purchase, transportation and sale of crude oil and natural gas, as well as the production and sale of refined petroleum products. More information on Hess Corporation is available at www.hess.com.
This position will be for the supervision of instrumentation and electrical technicians as well as electrical contractors. The person in this position will also design or assist in the design, planning and layout of projects in the electrical field.
- Identify electrical safety hazards and redesign electrical systems to ensure proper safety controls are installed
- Organize and conduct safety meetings with the electrical team both in the office and at field locations
- Manage electrical budget and provide accurate cost estimates for AFE preparation
- Plan both long term and short term electrical system requirements for the ND business unit
- Recommend safe cost effective electrical systems to supervisors and engineering staff
- Monitor electrical power usage and identify methods to reduce overall power costs
- Provide operational support to district while maintenance functions are performed to minimize deferred production
- Install, test, troubleshoot and maintain electrical equipment including Allen-Bradley variable speed drives and programmable logic controllers
- Mentor new employees on electrical systems in oilfield and organize training workshops in specialty equipment (Allen-Bradley)
- Implement new technology to existing electrical systems to increase efficiency
- Improve and supervise preventative maintenance programs
- Knowledgeable in National Electrical and State Electrical Codes
- Be able to recognize and solve problems
- Actively participates in safety programs and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer proficient.
- Read blueprints and trace electrical circuitry.
- Highly motivated self starter willing to accept responsibility and accountability
- Teamwork - work effectively with others outside the line of normal authority to accomplish organizational goals.
- Possess North Dakota drivers license
- Minimum 3-5 years working, preferably oil industry.
- Computer literate.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Sciences or equivalent trade school required.
- Possess a North Dakota Master Electrician License, or possess a Journeyman Certification with the requirement that applicant must obtain a Master Electrician License within 2 years.
Hess is an equal opportunity and military friendly employer.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available