Nalco, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for an Oilfield Delivery Specialist in our Energy Services - Logistics group located in Mt. Carmel, IL. If you are a dedicated DOT driving professional with a proven track record of success in customer delivery we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base hourly rate and benefits.
Primarily responsible for providing customer delivery of chemicals and safely operating a diesel, multi-geared bobtail truck/pup and/or tractor- trailer combination vehicle over heavily congested city highways, rolling and mountainous terrain, rural and oil lease roads. Responsible for the preventative maintenance of any type of vehicle used to deliver chemicals to customers, plants and/or warehouse locations.
• Load trailers and schedule daily runs to meet customer delivery requirements
• Maintain truck and equipment in a safe and operable condition at all times by performing daily and periodic mechanical and safety inspections
• Responsible for accurate up-to-date delivery location maps, and operates in accordance with DOT regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials in accordance with homeland security requirements and guidelines
• Maintain driver's hours of service by using Turnpike and/or paper log book reporting
• Maintain regular communication with sales and supervisor in order to report field problems and/or safety hazards
• Follow Zero Defect Delivery procedures for all delivery assignments
• Wear appropriate safety gear at all times during delivery operations
• Keeps current on safety techniques and take advantage of all opportunities to improve driving and safety skills
• Recognize and avoid safety hazards in the work environment
• Minimum high school graduate or equivalent GED
• Must have a current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant endorsements (X - HazMat & Tanker required)
• Three (3) years commercial driving experience, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations, in the past five years required
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Experience with the operation of forklifts, drum dollies, trailer hoists, chemical pumps, hoses, meters, printers and gauges
• Experience with handling products in various types of packages including bulk, drums, Porta-Feeds and mini/micro-feed units
• Experience in customer relations.
• Experience performing warehouse duties, which include preventative maintenance duties, inventory and ordering of chemicals, receiving incoming shipments, organizing warehouse for safe and efficient chemical storage, operation of customized chemical manufacturing equipment and the upkeep of warehouse grounds
• Awareness of chemical safety and the measures to take in the event of skin contact or spill
At Nalco, an Ecolab Company, we are the world's largest sustainability services company focused on industrial water, energy and air applications; delivering significant environmental, social and economic performance benefits to our customers. We help our customers reduce energy, water and other natural resource consumption, enhance air quality, minimize environmental releases and improve productivity and end products while boosting the bottom line.
We lead the industry in creating value for customers through differentiated services and technologies that save water and energy, enhance production and improve air quality while reducing total costs of operation. Our aim is to earn customers for life and enhance the lives of our employees while protecting the planet.
We rely on the diversity of our workforce to drive our growth and success. EOE
FOR USA ONLY:
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.