Catch the Offshore Technology Wave with SBM Atlantia.
SBM Atlantia is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry and is part of a multinational group of companies called the SBM Offshore Group. The company's clients are mainly private and government owned offshore oil and gas producing companies.
SBM Atlantia's products include SPM systems, FPSOs, FSOs, MOPUs, the SeaStar® mono-column TLP, the FourStar™ four-column, battered-leg TLP, and the DeepDraft Semi® floating production unit. In addition, SBM Atlantia provides engineering and technology for all types of mobile offshore units, jack-ups, and semi-submersibles.
SBM Atlantia is currently recruiting for a Project Controls Manager (PCM).
The purpose of the position is to assist the assigned Project Manager in the management and coordination of the details encompassing all aspects of SBM Offshore projects including commercial, technical, fabrication and schedule from after sales project handover by the Marketing Group, to final invoicing and administrating of project guarantees, in such a manner (cost control) as to maximize revenue to SBM Offshore, whilst providing value and quality products and services to the customer.
As a matrix project controls position working across SBM Offshore's line functions, it requires organizational and inter-personal relationship skills in order to utilize, in the course of project execution, all SBM Offshore's internal operating systems and departments including management, operations, engineering, finance and QA/QC departments.
Further it requires the skills, experience and knowledge to develop liaisons, negotiate execute and administer contracts, and generally work with international customers and fabrication facilities.
1) Responsible for project budget both in controlling in-house man-hours and outside expenditures, including purchasing third party goods and services (utilizing the cost control and cost engineering departments).
2) Responsible for developing and controlling project schedules to ensure timely completion of project milestones, and timely project progress payments to ensure satisfactory cash flow (utilizing the assigned planners and cost engineer).
3) Responsible for project administration, including being the designated project contact point for project controls with SBM Offshore's customer and with all subcontractors.
4) Responsible for directing timely and cost effective vendor purchases and the timely shipping of all vendor items to job site (utilizing the Purchasing Department).
5) Responsible for contracting (international) subcontractors (shipyards and offshore contractors) for SBM construction and installation activities, directing and administrating the execution of those contracts, and directing the activities of the SBM Offshore site supervisor at the shipyard or installation supervisor at the installation site (utilizing the contract and legal departments).
6) Responsible for schedule and cost control of project engineering activities to ensure timely completion of drawings and specifications, as well as resolution of technical inquiries from the field (fabrication or installation site).
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field with preference given to candidates having an advanced degree. Candidates should have over 12 years of project controls experience in the oil and gas sector. Specific offshore project experience within an EPCI contractor environment is preferred.
Headquartered in West Houston, SBM Atlantia offers excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (10 holidays, 401(k) Plan, 4-1/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status
The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.