The Senior Mechanical & Piping Engineer will oversee all aspects of mechanical, piping and valve
Engineering activities during the design, procurement, fabrication, and construction and commissioning phases of the project. The individual is responsible for investigation, analysis, and coordination of activities required to ensure modifications to existing topsides facilities at the host platform are completed in a manner consistent with expectations related to process and personnel safety, health, environment, reliability and efficiency.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Apply sound technical and engineering knowledge and best practices to the project design in accordance with approved company and industry standards and specifications.
• Review & approve designs work performed by engineering contractors. Ensure that engineering contractors meet established standards and specifications
• Answer technical inquiries, make technical recommendations, improve design tools, & develop design procedures and provide training
• Lead & manage overall design, modifications and commissioning of mechanical, piping and valve systems & equipment
• Provide technical support for all mechanical, piping and valve related issues pertaining to the design, procurement, and construction. Such technical support to be inclusive of code and specification selection, corrosion analyses, material selection, and valve selection
• Continually review the PDMS model and coordinate model review sessions
• Review /comment on vendor packaged equipment drawings. Ensure all packaged equipment are designed and installed correctly
• Make technical decisions, ensuring coordination, quality and conformance with Project contract requirements. Participate in project quality assurance reviews and implement approved corrective action to issues raised. Monitor QC/QA activities
• Prepare mechanical, piping and valve work scopes, drawings/sketches, technical specs, datasheets, MTO's, cost estimates, schedules, construction work packages, and other required documentation
• Provide technical support for the ITB process - development of job specifications, request for service, technical / commercial evaluation and award
• Identify technical problems & issues, develop alternatives, and propose & implement solutions for long term reliability.
• Carry out studies to improve facility safety, reliability, and economics; engage with others in economic comparison of alternatives and prioritization of jobs.
• Document & manage information related to mechanical, piping and valve systems & equipment
• Travel to construction sites, shop sites, contractor sites or vendors works to provide technical input as and when required. Make records of visits with clear and concise reporting
Essential Skills / Required Qualifications:
• 10+ years experience in engineering, design, construction and/or installation of offshore mechanical & piping systems and equipment. Experience with Compliant Towers and/or Brownfield topsides projects preferable.
• Good understanding of offshore facility operating practices. Experience with implementation of IIF work culture.
• Proficiency in pipe stress analysis and in use of Caesar pipe stress analysis computer program
• Proficiency in determination of pipe support locations, types of supports and support design
• Working knowledge of API, ANSI B31.3, B31.4 and B31.8 and their application.
• Familiarity with process safety information, management of change work process, engineering work orders, turnaround planning, and working knowledge of facility design issues
• Must have demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work in a multi-functional asset team
• High personal commitment to achieving operational excellence, health, environmental and safety standards.