Axon Energy Products
Updated: Apr 11 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The key responsibility required for this role is to coordinate and manage preparation of design calculations of mechanical equipment, load path components and material selection, including approval of drawings for offshore drilling facility projects.
• Provide technical competence in mechanical engineering for construction of drilling facilities
• Identify software necessary to perform work scopes effectively
• Prepare electrical engineering man-hour estimates to perform project tasks
• Manage mechanical design and any design changes within budget and schedule
• Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable
• Ensure deliverables for project are produced on schedule and meet expected quality standards
• Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives
• Oversee development and design of mechanical functions and specific scope of work, including interface design and fit-for-purpose design.
• Plan, execute and report inspection and certification of drilling equipment.
• Ensure designs are in compliance with agreed schedule, contractual requirements, good engineering practices and comply with standards applicable to relevant work
• Oversee the vendor FAT and rig commissioning process associated with mechanical engineering
• Analyze existing systems for upgrades or modifications
• Participate in cross disciplinary project teams and also execute independent work
• Obtain and maintain general knowledge and understanding of key areas and perform specialist duties on selected areas as agreed
• Maintain and deliver project objectives within budget and, where applicable, implement cost saving initiatives
• Promote culture of continuous improvement and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
• Work within provisions and guidelines of quality assurance systems.
• Follow guidelines for personal safety and work within company's HSE procedures
• BS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent in relevant discipline.
• Ten (10) years offshore production installations experience as chief engineer
• Knowledge of engineering associated technical standards processes and relevant legislation
• Experience with process flow software and able to perform drilling process design calculations
• Knowledgeable with all types of drilling equipment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present complex technical issues in clear and concise manner
• Ability to comply with company's production, quality and safety standards
• Ability to work fluctuating work schedules and extensive work hours required by workloads
• MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Professional certification
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available