Updated: Jan 17 2013
||Petroleum Engineering, Petrophysicist, Production Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Participate in multi-disciplinary well planning teams for exploration wells in GoM.
- Responsible for operational data acquisition planning (LWD and wireline logging) for exploration wells.
- Incorporate drilling experiences in modeling and planning work.
- Perform single well pre-drill and post-drill analysis of pore pressure and wellbore stability data.
- Perform real-time pore pressure and formation fracture pressure evaluations during drilling operations.
- Follow up drilling operations and participate in onshore duty rotation.
- Responsible for well site petroleum engineer work during logging, including supervising wireline data operations and completing all required reporting documents (offshore).
- Perform evaluation and interpretation of well data acquisition results.
- Contribute to well project end of well reporting.
- 4 year Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline [required]
- 10-15 years relevant experience (geology, rock mechanics, reservoir engineering, and/or petrophysics) [required]
- Experience from operational work is highly desirable (mudlogging, EWL, LWD/MWD and drilling practices)
- Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (GOM) experience preferred
- Expertise in interpretation of pressure-testing measurements from wireline and while-drilling tools is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Predict and Geolog software is a plus
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive mindset and work style
- Adaptability and flexibility to respond to evolving internal customer needs in a dynamic business environment
- Proven ability to discern business-appropriate solutions and deliver them in a timely manner
- A strong desire for continuous learning and development
- Able to both adhere to and contribute to the development of standards and best-practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
- Good presentation and public-speaking skills
- Ability to work effectively in an international company with a diverse workforce
- Commitment to working ethically, consistent with Statoil's values
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available