Wood Group Kenny
Updated: Mar 13 2013
||Process Engineer, Process Management, Safety Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Lead and expand the Process Safety Engineering team.
- Provide support to project & operational teams in identifying technical risk and developing appropriate Process Safety strategies for subsea, topsides and onshore O&G production systems.
- Provide project input concerning process safety requirements included in generally accepted engineering standards such as NFPA, ASME, API, IEC and CGA, to prevent, control and mitigate risks.
- Ensure quality of Process Safety studies.
- Cost control and project management of related projects.
- To Liaise with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces.
- Identify, scope and implement Process Safety support to projects and operational sites;
- Develop Process Safety engineering studies to specific project requirements; including Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Major Accident and Risk Analysis (MAR), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Worst Case Scenarios, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA);
- Lead risk assessment and safety workshops (i.e. PHA, HAZOP, What-If Analysis, HAZID, JSA, etc.) including workshop preparation, scribe and client reporting;
- Liaise with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces;
- Ensure the distribution of technical data and discipline work instruction;
- Review tenders / job scopes and provide support to develop estimates for cost / schedule for activity completion;
- Support development of group and business stream;
- Ensure compliance with prescribed Company Business Management System / laws & regulations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years experience of increasingly related responsibilities in the implementation process engineering;
- Minimum 5 year experience implementing Process Safety at O&G production or processing facilities;
- Experience in developing, implementing or managing process safety / risk management programs (e.g. OSHA PSM, EPA RMP);
- Experience on carrying out PHA / LOPAs, QRAs, HAZIDs and HAZOPs;
- Experience on cost control and project management of projects;
- Familiar with international codes and industry process safety standards, such as NFPA, ASME, API, CGA, and ISO;
- Registered professional engineer, Chartered engineer or actively pursuing this recognition;
- CSP or CFSE certifications preferred;
- Physically capable of completing offshore safety training;
- Mandatory fluency in English. Conversational Spanish preferable;
- Ability to mentor less experienced engineers is a plus.
Based in WGIM offices in Houston; Standard working hours; must travel to other offices and client locations in Canada and South America.
Travel: 0 - 25%.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available