Axon Energy Products
Updated: Jan 30 2013
||Engineering Manager, Executive
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The key responsibilities required for this role will be primarily associated with managing the engineering, design and drafting department, as well as providing technical assistance to the engineering disciplines.
The VP of Engineering is responsible for providing support to the engineering department, project management, field and site personnel, and directly to clients; capable of providing valuable strategic assistance in complex projects, and is a recognized technical expert whose involvement substantially increases the company's credibility.
Establish interfaces with other teams and disciplines including:
- Senior Management
- Project Management
- Others, as required
- Provide technical input to tenders and contract reviews
- Define engineering resources required based on discipline norms and project specifications
- Prepare or assist in preparation of project's basis of design
- Assign engineering resources
- Manage work scope to match available resources
- Monitor and control man-hour expenditure
- Development and resourcing of engineering personnel
- Facilitate and coordinate manpower recruitment process
- Ensure group members receive necessary training and career development
- Collate lessons learned
- Audit projects
- Monitor performance and feed into lessons learned
- Monitor technology changes and evaluate best practice
- Maintain technical dialogue with operators and contractors as well as with technical bodies (e.g., NACE, AWS)
- Maintain dialogue with counterparts across all offices to avoid duplication and maximize synergistic effects where possible
- MS degree in engineering from an accredited university, with equivalent level qualification
- Professional Engineer license valid in State of Texas required
- Ten (10) years experience in engineering design projects in offshore drilling facilities
- Seven (7) years experience working in an integrated project and engineering team
- Ability to manage teams across cultures and organizational boundaries in execution of projects. Ability to lead at all levels within organization
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to communicate in written and oral form
- Analytic and practical approaches to problem solving
- Ability to follow directions working from verbal instructions, working independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of performing variety of assignments/tasks based on project requirements.
- MS Degree in Engineering from accredited university preferred.
- Affiliation/membership in professional engineering institutions/organizations is an advantage.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available