Updated: Jan 17 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Denver, CO, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Personnel Manager is responsible for the overall management of Personnel services and programs within their assigned area of responsibility. He /she is also responsible for the implementation of policies and standards, employee training and development, compensation and benefits strategies and employee motivation. He/she is responsible for monitoring the development and retention of all employees within their area of responsibility.
As a member of the management team, Personnel Managers play a key role in the motivation and wellbeing of all employees within their area of responsibility.
Personnel Management/Line Management
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for SLB internal communication to improve awareness and motivation of employees.
- Dedicates face time to ensure employee support through interaction and feedback.
- Regularly conducts employee presentations and roundtables and ensures appropriate follow-up as necessary.
- Supports performance management and employee development through performance appraisals, career planning, job descriptions, COR, high value exercise (SLP-4), SETC, promotions, and recognition/reward programs.
- Coordinates staffing, including recruitment, training and development,, transfers, and promotions, in line with the business plan.
- Supports training programs to ensure the development of local competencies.
- Develops and manages succession plans (SLP-1) and implements programs that ensure employee development.
- Responsible for localized compensation and benefits strategy and recommends changes to ensure competitive compensation practices and a motivated workforce.
- Develops cross-segment skills through training and transfers.
- Oversees relocation, induction and orientation for new hires and transferred employees.
- Understands and upholds local compliance to Employment Law, Works Councils, and Union agreements.
- Maintains and facilitates relationships with appropriate external bodies such as government authorities (Federal and Provincial/State) and Personnel related agencies.
- Promotes community awareness and global citizenship through participation in local programs (e.g., SEED).
- Meets with line management on a regular basis to communicate issues and suggest improvements on current personnel processes.
- Provides guidance and coaching to GeoMarket management on Personnel principles and employee relations.
- Supports local Schlumberger Spouse Association (SSA) chapter(s).
- Provides expert domain knowledge to assist in responding to questions and queries coming in through HR InTouch.
- Complies with all applicable Schlumberger standards and policies.
- Assists with the coaching and development of new team members.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Promotes privacy awareness, manages and oversees the deployment of Data Protection requirements and the Company's Privacy Strategy.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
University Degree with a minimum of 5 years' Personnel or Business experience
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available