National Oilwell Varco
Updated: Jan 25 2013
||QA / QC / Inspection
||Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
||Conroe, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Perform assignments pertaining to maintaining an effective NOV Downhole Quality Assurance system, control procedures and techniques in support of the company's objectives.
- Assist in maintaining an effective NOV Downhole Quality Assurance system.
- Work closely with Productlines Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Inspection personnel on procedural problems involving design, methods, tooling, costs and other areas involved in the control of product quality and employee safety.
- Conduct structured investigations to resolve Quality deviations and problems when so assigned.
- Conduct capability and risk assessment studies of processes and recommend control measures to assure risk mitigation at the most economical costs.
- Assist with critical testing and inspection procedures, analysis and documentation of results.
- Facilitate Discrepancy Material Review Board and Corrective Action meetings to identify and resolve engineering and manufacturing problems, material variations and other causes which contribute to deviations from established design standards.
- Assist to investigate product performance related quality incidents, and work closely with engineering and customer representatives to resolve the problem if required.
- Document and maintain records, drawings and other data having to do with the engineering functions involved.
- Coordinate the collection of QA data (plan status, achievements, CA/PA information & closure ratios, etc.).
- Keep abreast of new engineering techniques, procedures, instruments and equipment through seminars, educational institutions, professional organizations, text books, technical papers and periodicals.
- Observe safety regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or reports them to supervisors.
- Perform other duties when assigned.
Experience and Education:
- B.S. in Engineering/Scientific discipline, or
- Associates degree in technical discipline with minimum 2-yrs work experience, or
- Internal promotion with minimum technical work experience at manager's discretion
- ASQ certified CQE preferred
- MS Office Suite
- SharePoint and intranet knowledge
- PLM - Agile, TCE, Lifecycle Phase Change, etc.
- ERP - MFG/Pro, Crib Master - Tooling, Shop PM, etc.
- Excel Databases - MARS
- Log Book - Number Book
- Flow Chart - MS Visio, etc.
- This position will require some domestic and international travel
- Observes safety regulations, wears required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to Management.
- Adheres to all HSE requirements
- Working hours are Day shift (8 Hrs), and flex-time as necessary
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available