Dovre Canada Limited
Updated: Mar 12 2013
||Project Controls, Project Engineer, Project Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Fort McMurray, AB, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following contract opportunity: Project Controls Engineer
Location: Fort McMurray, AB (Mildred Lake Site)
Number of Positions: 1
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
The Project Controls Engineer (PCE) is responsible all aspects of project control and reporting, including project change management, estimate development, cost control, progress measurement, schedule development and schedule control.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall project cost, schedule, estimating, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise
- Participate in kick-off meetings with the EPC contractor and PMT to ensure common understanding of cost, schedule, estimating, progress measurement, and change management requirements
- Conduct briefing sessions for project team members with respect to project control requirements and processes
- Cooperate with IPR teams and post audit activities with respect to project services functions
- Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project
- Supporting PMT and Cost Stewards with ongoing project cost and schedule analysis, reporting, forecasting, budgeting and Change Management.
- Develop and document Control Estimates, Schedules and Budgets (annual and multi-year), and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope
- Analyze cost and schedule trends, develop and review cost and schedule forecasts
- Prepare monthly cost reports (budgets, forecasts, expenditures, commitments)
- Maintain ongoing cost vulnerability/cost reduction opportunities database
- Review Controller's monthly Stewardship Report for actual invoice bookings
- Develop monthly estimates of Work-In-Place (WIP) for EM and 3rd-party costs
- Administers the project change control process for their Stewardship area
- Develop monthly expenditure and commitment forecasts
- Monitor and report on cost and schedule implications of changes
- Participate in contract commercial bid evaluations (as required)
- Participate in developing Contract Price Budgets and Contract Control Schedules and Milestones
- Support preparation of Advance Commitment or Full Funding estimates and budgets
- Interface with Controllers regarding AFEs/budgets and invoices
- Monitoring and appraising the performance of Contractor's Site in the areas of cost, progress and schedule control.
- Examine and evaluate the Contractor's cost and schedule control organization, plans, performance and procedures
- Review and, where appropriate, endorse schedule, progress and cost Baselines and forecast prepared by contractors
- Review and endorse progress measures reported by the contractor
- Review cost and schedule bases of contractor's Change Proposals - review and endorse Change Orders - monitor, analyze and report contractor invoices
- Assist site management in developing/reviewing cost and schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business Administration
- 5+ years prior oil and gas industry experience
- Strong Influencing, Consulting, Mentoring, Analytical, and Computing skills (Excel skills required)
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from anyone meeting the requirements for any position for which we recruit and welcome your questions regarding this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available