Location: Houston, Texas
• Accountable for the design and development of new products.
• Research customer requirements to ensure maximum product application.
• Create designs and documentation to facilitate manufacture of products including drawings, bills of material, material specifications, and design files.
• Guide and coordinate efforts of engineers, designers, and technicians.
• Collaborate with manufacturing to facilitate manufacture and assembly of prototype parts.
• Has significant impact on product design, cost, performance, manufacturing methods/standardization, customer solutions, warranty cost minimization, and patent analysis and submission.
• Assist in the development and mentoring of junior Engineers.
• Design of lifting equipment including cranes, iron roughnecks, and pipe handling equipment for use in onshore and offshore applications.
• Design of pipe handling product line: Elevators, Slips, Tongs, Safety Clamps, Spiders, Bowls & Bushings, Kelly Spinners, Rotating Mousehole, Casing Scrapers, Stabbing Guides, and Twister Tools.
• Design of pressure control equipment including blowout preventers for use in wireline and coil tubing applications.
• Design of 6A Gate Valve product line
• Equipment design includes elements of machine design, strength of materials, welding, coatings, and hydraulics.
• Responsible for taking the lead on design projects from concept to production.
• Produce necessary engineering calculations and component specifications.
• Interface with designers and other engineers in a team environment.
• Check work of others for accuracy, tolerances, as well as the applicability of the design.
• Develop project schedules and creatively address design challenges in order to meet deadlines.
• Work with Sales and Manufacturing to make new product meet the customer needs while remaining profitable.
• Must possess basic knowledge of manufacturing capabilities.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years' experience in design of oilfield equipment.
• Knowledge of industry related codes and standards.
• 3-D design experience required, Solid Works a plus.
• A working knowledge of drilling operations a p