Location: Houston, Texas
• Accountable for the design and development of new products.
• Research customer requirements to ensure maximum product application.
• Create designs and documentation to facilitate manufacture of products including drawings, bills of material, material specifications, and design files.
• Guide and coordinate efforts of engineers, designers, and technicians.
• Collaborate with manufacturing to facilitate manufacture and assembly of prototype parts.
• Has significant impact on product design, cost, performance, manufacturing methods/standardization, customer solutions, warranty cost minimization, and patent analysis and submission.
• Assist in the development and mentoring of junior Engineers.
• Design of lifting equipment including cranes, iron roughnecks, and pipe handling equipment for use in onshore and offshore applications.
• Design of pipe handling product line: Elevators, Slips, Tongs, Safety Clamps, Spiders, Bowls & Bushings, Kelly Spinners, Rotating Mousehole, Casing Scrapers, Stabbing Guides, and Twister Tools.
• Design of pressure control equipment including blowout preventers for use in wireline and coil tubing applications.
• Design of 6A Gate Valve product line
• Equipment design includes elements of machine design, strength of materials, welding, coatings, and hydraulics.
• Responsible for taking the lead on design projects from concept to production.
• Produce necessary engineering calculations and component specifications.
• Interface with designers and other engineers in a team environment.
• Check work of others for accuracy, tolerances, as well as the applicability of the design.
• Develop project schedules and creatively address design challenges in order to meet deadlines.
• Work with Sales and Manufacturing to make new product meet the customer needs while remaining profitable.
• Must possess basic knowledge of manufacturing capabilities.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years' experience in design of oilfield equipment.
• Knowledge of industry related codes and standards.
• 3-D design experience required, Solid Works a plus.
• A working knowledge of drilling operations a p
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available