Fabcon Canada (Dovre Group)
Updated: Feb 26 2013
||HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
||Fort McMurray, AB, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following contract opportunity: ATM Safety Advisor
Location: Fort McMurray, AB (Aurora Site)
Number of Positions: 2
Estimated Start Date: April 1st 2013
Rotation: 6d/2d or 10d/4d
OVERALL SERVICES NEEDED
- Provide guidance to support the Project Safety Advisor in achieving ''Nobody Gets Hurt''. Champion for application of EMDC based safety processes to benefit project safety performance.
- Support Safety / SSH&E Leadership Team in areas of safety / health and emergency preparedness
- Implement and execute project level plans / programs as required by the Operations Integrity Management System
- (OIMS) and / or the project management team. Ensure establishment of adequate control processes and implementation per the Project Safety Plan.
OTHER SERVICES NEEDED
- Support implementation of systematic Safety, Health, and Security processes to assure compliance with the Project Safety Management System (PSMS) expectations. This includes the Project Safety and Health Plans and direct support for other key EMDC initiatives such as Safety Leadership Workshops, Job Safety Analyses (JSA), Observation / Intervention processes, ergonomics, office safety. Also includes activities, such as interfacing with contractors to pre-qualify and define safety expectations.
- Systematically assess the extent to which the project is meeting safety plans / processes and objectives. Understand and support efforts to address project safety issues. Advise and inform Project Safety Advisor on Safety issues, status and metrics.
- Implement project-specific safety strategies with the Project Team to address identified risks and challenges.
- Engage contractors and project partners in safety strategies through development and delivery of Safety alignment workshops. Collaborate with Contractor Safety Advisor(s) to ensure alignment of project safety strategy.
- Support risk assessments and studies as defined in the Project Risk Management Plan, and ensure results are addressed as relevant field work is executed.
- Implement Incident Management Plan, including oversight of project activities. Provide periodic management stewardship of key performance indicators (leading and lagging) as deemed by Corporate and project expectations.
- Includes advising about incident stewardability.
- Support and / or participate in investigations and follow-up of incidents. Provide root cause analysis expertise to support these efforts and review reports.
- Share safety-related Lessons Learned across project.
- Facilitate/participate in the Project Safety / SSH&E Leadership Team meetings.
- Implement Safety / Health / Emergency Preparedness and Response related aspects of the Project Team training plan and support implementation.
- Facilitate coordination / oversight for training, drills, and other matters that are related to emergency preparedness and response.
- Provide guidance to contractor site safety advisors regarding inspections / assessments / audits as required by established EMDC processes or by project management. Participate directly as practical.
- Ensure effective safety communications across the Project Team, Contractors, SSH&E Management Support and other key stakeholders.
- May be assigned other services by the SSH&E Function and / or Project Leadership Team.
- May assume specific OIMS, Health, or Security responsibilities when a designated OIMS, Health, or Security Advisor is not assigned.
- Facilitate/Coordinate / deliver technical presentations.
- Provides regulatory compliance support as relates to safety, health, security, or emergency preparedness and response.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from anyone meeting the requirements for any position for which we recruit and welcome your questions regarding this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available