HB Rentals, a Superior Energy Services company, is the world's premier supplier of offshore and onshore housing and related equipment for the oil and gas industry. Since 1980, we have provided safe, reliable products to make living on the job an easier, more comfortable experience. We ensure unwavering reliability by responding to customer needs immediately by being available 24/7, 365 days a year. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
HB Rentals is currently seeking a Mobile Home Toter Driver (Class A CDL Driver w/oversized load experience) to join our team.
Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport mobile homes and rental equipment to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct the pre-trip inspection to ensure safe transporting of equipment.
- Responsible for communicating with District Service Manager to coordinate paperwork for delivery of equipment to customer.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit and loading and unloading process.
- Operate assigned vehicle and all attached equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with FMSCA regulations.
- Comply with all QHSE policies and procedures during the course of work.
- Ensures full awareness of, and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant company/customer HSE handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- Dresses and interacts with others in a professional manner.
- Performs any other delegated duties considered appropriate in order to maintain the efficient running of the department.
- The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company's right to change, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at anytime or for any reason.
- Commercial Driver's License Class A and Tanker Endorsement
- One year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation rules, regulations and logging requirements
- Knowledge of general truck maintenance
- Ability to work a twenty-four (24) hour on call schedule
- Ability to stay alert while driving short and long distances
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, written and verbal
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence such as Job Safety Environmental Analysis (JSEA)
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- High School diploma or GED
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan