The Virtual Bench
Updated: Mar 19 2013
||Chemist, Process Engineer, Downstream, polyethylene, polypropylene, process chemistry, LLDPE, HDPE
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||strong salary, bonuses, and benefits
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, one of the major global energy companies is looking for a Process Engineer with a strong polyethylene background for their Downstream Group. To be considered, candidates MUST:
• currently reside in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered)
• have either a US citizenship or Green Card
• meet the requirements specified below
Within Projects & Technology, Global Solutions Downstream provides efficient and effective technology services to our Downstream businesses and selected third parties. We also provide the technology support and solutions that help to make our commercial products some of the best in the world.
• Responsible for the product definition in terms of additive package and processing agent requirements for the various product applications to produce the so-called extruder grades from base PE resins
• Ensure smooth market introduction into the various PE applications, the individual also advises on the proper product qualification procedure for film, pipe, injection molding and blow molding applications
• Selects the testing equipment, setting up the testing protocols, develop training material, setting up quality assurance and defining the technical service lab(s) is part of the PE product support challenge
• Work in close cooperation with the PE project and business teams to support the PE product market introduction
• Lead one or more technical support networks and/or project/study teams depending on the candidates experience in addition to coaching junior technologists that will become part of the team in line with the PE ambition of company
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry and/or polymer product engineering
• Minimum of 10+ years of substantial deep and broad technical experience in Polyethylene or Polypropylene in the area of process chemistry and product application technical service and/or product R&D
• Knowledge in the various LLDPE or HDPE product applications like pipe, blow molding, injection molding, and film extrusion
• Knowledge on product quality control measures and product technical service requirements and setting up a tech support lab accordingly
• Team work and communication skills will be first class, and you'll have the ability to work independently
• Must be prepared to undertake business visits to customer sites, vendor premises and engineering contractor offices
• Proven ability to manage challenging deadlines and adapt to changing workloads with a high degree of initiative and independence to deliver results through others
• Ability to work effectively in/and across multi-functional virtual teams and interface with a wide range of internal stakeholders, customers and service providers
• Ability to contribute and directly influence customer bottom line results and translate their business needs into delivering innovative and sustainable value solutions
• Ability to travel up domestically/internationally up to 20%
Only candidates whom appear to be well-qualified will be contacted, due to the large number of responses.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available