Updated: Jan 30 2013
||Accounting or Finance, Budget / Cost Control, ERP (SyteLine) Experience
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Reports To: Corporate Controller and COO
Position Summary: Performs accounting functions consisting of inventory, labor hour maintenance and month end close responsibilities.
- Must be able to assist the Corporate Controller with recommendations on system and reporting improvement.
- Must partner with key internal customers (i.e. planning & operations) to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis.
- Must have complete knowledge of the ERP system (Syteline).
- Maintain and analyze their general ledger and manufacturing data relating to inventory
- Must have full knowledge of purchasing policies, processes, and procedures
- Supports monthly close process
- Maintains perpetual inventory
- Generates labor cost and shipments reports for management review
- Manages standard cost system
- Conducts product line analysis for management review
- Assist in planning efforts and be backup for that position
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to assist and be backup to Planning position in Manufacturing
- Related work experience in cost accounting and/or finance
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- Strong customer orientation
- Attention to detail
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel and SyteLine
- Must have the capability to work in a team environment with varied departments and diverse personalities.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available