Updated: Jan 11 2013
||Environmental Engineer, Safety Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Irvine, CA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Senior HSE Engineer
B.S. or equivalent degree in environmental / loss prevention Engineering from an accredited university with minimum ten (10) years relevant experience in the oil/gas industry. Must have been in CONSULTANT's organisation for at least three (3) years in similar position and must have previous PMC experience.
Fully familiar with international standards & guidelines as well as local specific requirements to be applied for major oil/gas processing facilities during design, engineering and construction. Must have been involved in safety, HAZOP reviews during front end engineering design phase and detailed engineering, procurement & construction phase of similar projects.
A. Senior HSE Engineer to have knowledge and design experience of the following:
1. Firewater system design, including design factors, applicable codes and standards.
2. Software(s) used for Environmental Impact (Emission/Dispersion) Analysis.
3. Types of environmental impact studies performed. Are studies/reports available for sample.
4. Types of studies/deliverables are associated with HSEIA.
5. Engineering Safety / Safety in Design
6. HSE Codes and Standards in Abu Dhabi and/or UAE
- BA/BS in related field or applicable discipline preferred, or equivalent years experience. Thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted procedures. Generally 7-10 years of experience.
- Possesses and is recognized as having a specialized depth or breadth of expertise within the department. Interprets internal and external business challenges with impact on the organization and recommends best practice solutions. Contributes to implementation plan development and program coordination.
- Advanced proficiency with applicable software applications in related field. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail critical. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is critical. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees. Ability to transfer subject matter expertise and understanding to other employees and/or internal customers is required regarding why work is performed the way it is and how it impacts the broader organization. Strong ability to persuade and influence others.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to lead functional project teams is important. Ability to maintain confidential information is critical.
- Generally characterized as a "Senior Contributor" with ability to lead functional project teams within a business unit or department. E4Very rarely requires supervision and direction beyond providing desired outcomes.
- Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and middle and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
- General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
- For Accounting positions, appropriate level of understanding of GAAP.
- For Human Resources positions, appropriate level of understanding of applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available