Talisman Energy Inc., headquartered in Canada, is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company with three main operating areas: North America, the North Sea, and Southeast Asia. As a subsidiary, Talisman Energy USA Inc has oil and gas operations strategically located throughout New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Talisman and its subsidiaries are committed to the health, safety, and security of its employees, contractors, and communities; and works to ensure its operations are carried out safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Talisman Energy Inc. is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (North America) and its Company shares trade on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges as TLM.
Req ID: 15381
Location: Houston, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: February 03, 2013
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Lead, Facilities Engineering, the Air Permit Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing air permit application and monitoring support to the facilities and production operations team.
- Working closely with the Air Specialist within the HSE team will ensure that the air permitting for facilities and wells is completed prior to construction and operation.
- Ensure that the appropriate technology is implemented in the design phase to ensure permit compliance.
- Detailed support for design and maintenance of systems required for emissions control.
- Implement program for ongoing monitoring of sites and facilities to comply with permit requirements.
- Proactively develop and execute appropriate compliance programs for evolving regulations
- Develop the required data collection program at sites and then monitoring and analyzing the data.
- Participation in facility design and drawing reviews.
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in oil and gas operations with a focus on facilities design and operation.
- Require a strong understanding and working knowledge of the Air Emissions Regulations in Texas. Knowledge must include the air dispersion modeling, monitoring, measurement and tracking.
- Excellent computer skills in systems such as Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Access are also required.
- All candidates must possess an Engineering Degree or Petroleum Technologist Diploma
- Self-motivator with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Able to interpret regulations, seek input and validation of the interpretation and communicate it effectively in group environments.
- Results oriented and highly motivated
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in the US will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Employment Type: PERMANENT