Category: Engineering - Subsea & Pipelines
Peritus is a world-class engineering and project management contractor. We've been providing services to the global offshore oil & gas industry. Our projects range from deep water subsea facilities to the largest and most complex oil & gas production systems in the world.
With operations in United States, Great Britain and Australia we provide you with a world of experience. Our global capabilities and presence provides tremendous opportunity for your career. Join our team of extraordinary professionals committed to project execution excellence!
The Subsea Engineering Manager will build and lead a multi-discipline engineering team focused on development and delivery of subsea systems including Field Architecture, Subsea Hardware, Riser Systems Hardware, Installation Engineering, and Offshore Support thereof. This team develops subsea field architecture alternatives, determines the optimal concept, specifies hardware requirements, provides cost analysis, and progress the recommended solutions through sanction, construction and installation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibilities of the Engineering Manager will include the following:
- Functionally manage and grow a team of multi-discipline engineers and engineering staff positions
- Evaluate and hire personnel to staff the Subsea Engineering Group
- Evaluate workload and respond with resources accordingly
- Interface with other Peritus engineering departments
- Staff and support Peritus EPCI projects
- Support of the Peritus -Subsea construction projects
- Develop and train engineers in the team and mentor younger engineers
- Work with Business Development to develop new customers and win new business
- Preparation of Man-hour Forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of proposals
- Determine and evaluate subsea field development system alternatives.
- Estimate costs and timing to bring the project to sanction.
- Develop and maintain a project work plan for the design, procurement, manufacture, testing and installation of subsea systems.
- Manage the subsea facilities system and suppliers through execution of the work plan to ensure that the project's objectives in terms of HSE, reliability, operability, constructability, installability, schedule, and budget are met.
- Lead design, construction, installation, and commissioning design and safety reviews.
- Engage field personnel to get their active involvement in the design process and evolution of system operating guidelines.
- Interface with the engineers to ensure that the resolution of subsea related issues are mutually compatible with topsides designs and operations.
- Ensure all subsea system interface issues are identified, managed and closed out
- Interface with other GoM deepwater project teams to progress the standardization initiative where it adds value to the projects.
HSSE & Quality
- Provide leadership in demonstrating commitment to our HSSE policy.
- Provide leadership in audit and certification processes
- 20-years experience in subsea field development engineering or applicable disciplines, project management and business operations. Must have good working knowledge of subsea systems, subsea pipelines ,subsea hardware, subsea control systems, manifolds, PLETs, PLEM's, jumpers, umbilicals, pipelines, flowline connection systems, flow assurance and production deliverability, and risers. Must have good knowledge of various offshore production facilities such as fixed platforms and floating Spars, TLPs, SEMI's, FPSOs, etc.
- BS in one of the engineering sciences
- PE license strongly preferred.
- Good business/financial understanding
- Must be capable of demonstrating project leadership on deepwater subsea design activities.
- Strong health, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance record
- Good knowledge of subsea manifold design, architecture, and installation.
- Understanding of subsea control systems, both subsea and topside facility portions
- Familiarity with subsea equipment manufacturing processes and procedures
- Understanding of new/state of the art subsea technologies/equipment
- Understanding of the various flowline and riser alternatives
- Understanding of flow assurance principals
- Understanding of downhole equipment and it's interfaces to the subsea system
- Knowledge of concepts and systems for deepwater developments, together with a familiarity of the challenges of deepwater environments
- Experience in commissioning and starting up new subsea systems.
- Understanding of industry standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience leading project teams, engineering departments, and subcontractors
- Strong teamwork skills with experience in managing multi-discipline teams
- Project Management skills, methodologies, and processes
Peritus offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program that gives you more flexibility through an expanded list of benefit options and the freedom to choose what's right for you and your family. Available benefits include company paid: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital Income, Direct Deposit, and (401k) Savings Plan - with employer contributions and employer matching.
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Travel Required: 0-15%
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree