Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Feb 6 2013
||Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Freeport, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position is discipline-specific and has a long-term and strategic focus. It is responsible for supervising Reliability Technicians and driving reliability performance by using the most appropriate and effective tools and techniques. This position also provides technical support to Production and Maintenance personnel, leads or participates in Root Cause Failure Analyses and monitors KPI data for early identification and resolution of reliability issues. This position may also collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel and provide services related to design review, repair and maintenance, including predictive/preventative maintenance activities. Additionally, this position provides technical support for troubleshooting of problems and optimization of PM and PdM programs. This position also ensures a culture of continuous improvement employing LEAN Manufacturing tools. This position will also provide supervision to the Reliability Technicians at the site.
- Apply appropriate reliability tools to drive improvements, optimize costs and improve asset effectiveness. Tools may include (but are not limited to) Bad Actor Program, FMEA, RBI, RBM, RCM, Reliability Roadmap, etc..
- Supervise Reliability Technicians, pursuing continuous improvement of site-wide vibration analysis program.
- Ensure development and sustenance of Critical Equipment list.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and metrics for proactive identification and resolution of reliability issues.
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFA's) and corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive problems.
- Lead the Bad Actor program and create action plans for improving reliability.
- Develop and maintain the vessel and piping inspection program, cathodic protection inspection program and relief device and flame arrestor programs.
- Identify and implement mechanical best practices across the site.
- Interpret codes, regulations and standards.
- Evaluate new technologies and alternatives for equipment repair, seeking cost and delivery advantages
- Assist in the training and development of in-house maintenance resources.
- Provide input for Maintenance Budget.
- Support capital projects by supplying engineering expertise in the specification, design and construction of projects in accordance with plant design requirements, client standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage merit and incentive compensation programs for direct reports.
- Manage discipline issues and conflict resolution for direct reports.
- Role model the vision, mission and values of the Reliability Department.
- Track team performance for success (KPI's/Metrics)
- Complete Performance Management, Talent Development and Career Management activities for direct staff positions.
- Assist in on-boarding of new employees and transfers to the department.
- Entrepreneurial Actions
- Analytical Thinking
- Strive for Achievement
- Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Business & Financial Acumen
Qualifications -client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 10+ years of experience in petrochemical maintenance with a strong focus on reliability.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical equipment design and detailed understanding of maintenance and reliability activities associated with process equipment such as centrifugal pumps, piping systems, pressure vessels (including heat exchangers), atmospheric storage tanks, positive displacement pumps, relief devices and compressors of various design.
- Solid understanding of maintenance and reliability work processes.
- Strong background in equipment troubleshooting, including root cause failure analysis and implementation of improvement efforts.
- Thorough background in utilization of PdM tools (vibration analysis, lube oil analysis, thermography, etc.) for equipment condition evaluation and improvement.
- Background in optimization of equipment PM activities and strategies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with facts and figures along with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate. Strong interpersonal skills are required in this position.
- Knowledge and experience to provide technical guidance
- Developed knowledge of API and ASME codes.
- Level II (minimum) vibration analysis certification.
- General knowledge of SAP.
Client recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available