TESCO Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service delivery of drilling solutions and equipment for the upstream energy industry. Through our 2,000 extraordinary employees we cover the globe; North America, Latin America, Europe, West Africa, the former Soviet Union, the Middle East & Asia. As the Drilling Innovation Company™ for nearly 20 years, TESCO has been dedicated to innovative solutions from concept to commerciality. At TESCO, we seek to change the way wells are drilled, by delivering safer and more efficient solutions that add real value by reducing the nonproductive time drilling for, and producing, oil and natural gas. Our product and service offerings consist mainly of equipment sales and services to drilling contractors and oil and natural gas operating companies throughout the world. TESCO is a progressive thinking company and has become a significant presence in the industry.
We lead in the following business segments;
1. Top Drive Manufacture and Service
2. After Market Sales and Services.
3. Tubular Services
We are headquartered in Houston, Texas and proudly serve our domestic and international clientele through our offices in Houston, Calgary, Mexico City, Moscow, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta as well as other locations in over 20 countries. TESCO is committed to its employees' safety and well-being throughout the operations of these business segments. At TESCO, we are different, by design, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo through our innovation, efficiency, professionalism, and work ethic-, something we call TESCOCITY™, a driving force which cannot be ignored. Through this application process we are building a company of individuals that, too, embody these ideals and are prepared to become the TESCO leaders of tomorrow. http://www.tescocorp.com
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A LEAD ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
Position: Lead Engineer, Electrical
Location: Manufacturing Facility - Calgary, Alberta
Objectives of the Position
As a lead electrical engineer working in sustaining engineering department you will be responsible for managing electrical engineering team consisted of professional engineers, designers and drafters. You will be responsible for managing engineering projects from initial contract to project completion and equipment delivery.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• Registered (or eligible for registration) with APEGGA as Professional Engineer.
• 5-10 years oilfield industry experience in a manufacturing environment in a design capacity
• Good knowledge of industry standards and codes such as CSA, IEC, ATEX, NEC, API, ANSI, etc
• Excellent computer skills, particularly related to CAD and engineering software.
• Working knowledge of oilfield and drilling equipment.
• Good understanding of manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly processes.
• Coordinate and supervise team of engineers, designers and drafters.
• Approve and be professionally responsible for drawings, schematics, PLC/VFD software and technical documents.
• Define project scope and customer requirements.
• Generate project plans, test plans and risk-assessments.
• Prepare specifications for parts and top drive components.
• Responsible for maintenance of engineering files, drawings, schematics and procedures.
• Work closely with engineers & designers to ensure compliance with appropriate codes and industry standards.
• Work closely with other departments to improve procedures and processes within Tesco's manufacturing facility.
• Initiate product improvements.
• Mentor less experience personnel
• Excellent knowledge of the Canadian electrical code, IEC,ATEX, NEC.
• Experience designing equipment for hazardous environments.
• Working knowledge of Labview software and PLC programming.
• Excellent drafting skills with AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
• Technical expertise in three or more of the following areas:
o Programmable Logic Controllers and MMI/HMI Graphic Systems
o Design and implementation of SCADA software and Graphical User Interface (GUI)
o Experienced with motor controls and Low Voltage Variable Frequency Drives
o Induction and Permanent Magnet Motor technology, flux orientation and optimization.
o Distributed Control Systems
o Motion Control
o Experienced with flow measurement and control of hydraulic systems, directional control valves, flow control valves, and hydraulic pumps.
o Top Drive Applications
Competencies Required For Effective Performance:
• Excellent technical and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
• Excellent problem solving abilities (theoretical and practical)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Work with minimal supervision