TESCO Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service delivery of drilling solutions and equipment for the upstream energy industry. Through our 2,000 extraordinary employees we cover the globe; North America, Latin America, Europe, West Africa, the former Soviet Union, the Middle East & Asia. As the Drilling Innovation Company™ for nearly 20 years, TESCO has been dedicated to innovative solutions from concept to commerciality. At TESCO, we seek to change the way wells are drilled, by delivering safer and more efficient solutions that add real value by reducing the nonproductive time drilling for, and producing, oil and natural gas. Our product and service offerings consist mainly of equipment sales and services to drilling contractors and oil and natural gas operating companies throughout the world. TESCO is a progressive thinking company and has become a significant presence in the industry.
We lead in the following business segments;
1. Top Drive Manufacture and Service
2. After Market Sales and Services.
3. Tubular Services
We are headquartered in Houston, Texas and proudly serve our domestic and international clientele through our offices in Houston, Calgary, Mexico City, Moscow, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta as well as other locations in over 20 countries. TESCO is committed to its employees' safety and well-being throughout the operations of these business segments. At TESCO, we are different, by design, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo through our innovation, efficiency, professionalism, and work ethic-, something we call TESCOCITY™, a driving force which cannot be ignored. Through this application process we are building a company of individuals that, too, embody these ideals and are prepared to become the TESCO leaders of tomorrow. http://www.tescocorp.com
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
Position: Engineer, Electrical
Location: Manufacturing Facility - Calgary, Alberta
Objectives of the Position
Responsible to design & document the electrical designs related to oil field drilling equipment, supervise the assembly of prototype units and manage projects at subcontractors
Responsible to: Director, R&D
Internal Relationships: Co-workers, shop floor personnel, management
External Relationships: Business unit personnel, field support personnel, customer representatives, supplier representatives
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• Registered with APEGGA as professional Engineer
• Devise new approaches or apply existing criteria in a new manner and make sound conclusions for comparative designs
• Select and manage subcontractors during the manufacture of prototype equipment
• Prepare and maintain equipment layouts and schematics using cad software
• Prepare design calculations
• Prepare, design, write and maintain PLC programs for top drive and other oil field equipment
• Provide Engineering support for the selection, installation, commissioning and solutions related to flux vector drives.
• Select electrical components and materials
• Work closely with other Engineers to ensure designs meet appropriate codes and standards
• Review the work of other designers for technical accuracy
• Initiate Engineering changes to improve product design and/or documents
• Resolve problems during assembly on the shop floor
• Assist co-workers to resolve electrical issues in the field
• Mentor less experienced personnel
• 10+ years of design experience in a manufacturing environment of which at least 2 years are on oilfield equipment
• Excellent knowledge of the Canadian electrical code, IEC and NEC.
• Hands on experience with shop floor practices is essential
• Excellent drafting skills with AutoCAD
• Working knowledge of Labview software and PLC programming (Cimplicity preferred)
• Experience with designing equipment for hazardous environments is essential.
• Experience with preparing/designing equipment for the European market would be considered as an asset
• Previous project management experience is essential.
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent problem solving skills (theoretical & practical)
• Innovative spirit
• Work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills in English in both written and verbal form