Updated: Mar 4 2013
||Business Development, Sales and Marketing
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The primary responsibility of the Manager, Engineering Sales & Marketing is to identify and lead the sales efforts towards securing prospective projects for the Engineering Divisions of the Atlantic Business Unit. This individual will assist in leveraging the engineering work into obtaining the fabrication and/or offshore installation of the projects. The primary objectives are to enhance existing client relationships and develop new client relationships in an effort to negotiate engineering contracts but at least be in a position to propose on these contracts. The intent is to develop a steady, profitable business line ensuring the company is awarded targeted projects. Liaises with Director of Engineering, Estimators, Proposals and Market Analysis.
- Develop new and foster existing relationships with client base in the Atlantic region, working to secure profitable targeted project opportunities.
- Develop client base for Greenfield and brownfield engineering opportunities
- Obtain knowledge of potential projects where the client team responsible for the project is located in the Atlantic region, regardless of the final destination of the project
- Coordinate proposal activities in response to Customer's requirements for engineering services, providing input on bids as required, assisting Estimators. Proposal activities will include external customers.
- Participate in Bid/No-Bid discussions based on in-depth knowledge of the potential project
- Maintain current status of prospective work in the marketplace in regards to engineering services
- Providing competitive analysis of Engineering services
- Present Atlantic Business Unit marketing material on a regular basis for client base
- Become familiar with and abide by the rules of engagement regarding the Code of Business Conduct
- Develop and cultivate other project opportunities which support for approval on a timely basis
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or higher strongly preferred; relevant work experience will be taken into consideration in lieu of degree
- Experience: 12-20 years overall experience in offshore oil and gas engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering business development
- Knowledgeable in offshore engineering project development and execution
- Knowledgeable in all phases of engineering including Concept Selection, FEED and detail design
- Expertise in client relationship management with significant client and network contacts in the Houston area
- Knowledgeable in fabrication, transportation and offshore installation of a project
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available