GL Noble Denton
Updated: May 22 2013
||Marine Engineering, Marine Surveyor
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||New York City, NY, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
GL Noble Denton offers world-class services enhancing the safety, integrity, reliability and performance of our clients' assets in the oil & gas industry. We develop and deliver innovative solutions throughout the asset lifecycle from conceptual design to asset decommissioning; provide a challenging, diverse and rewarding environment for our employees. To support our ambitious growth plans we seek the talented individuals who share our determination to be the very best.
GL Noble Denton is currently seeking to fill the role of Senior Engineer Surveyor in New York City.
- Surveying of damage to: vessels, offshore installations, docks, terminals and cargo
- Estimating repair costs, writing up repair specifications with owners and negotiating with shipyards
- Vessel condition surveys: On behalf of P&I Clubs, Hull Underwriters, Owners and pre purchase, on hire / off hire reports
- Providing expert witness testimony and reports on cause of damage, cost of repairs and factors surrounding an incident
- Investigating root causes of casualties, working with our laboratories / external experts to determine causation and turn technical data into a well written non ambiguous report
- Expert advice during salvage operations - use of internal GLND resources to assist with calculations
- Tow approvals of stranded vessels / vessels being towed for repair or scrap
- Direct client contact, demonstrate our services to clients and identify new opportunities
Professional Expertise and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Marine or Naval Architecture ideally) or equivalent vocational training (e.g. Merchant Marine or Naval Academy)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the industry
- Licensed Chief Engineer (Unlimited) motor or steam, ideally sailed as Chief Engineer on various vessels - will consider 2ndEngineer or Class Surveyor if suitable shore side experience.
- Experience in shipyards and dry docks - either as a shipyard project manager or owners superintendent / port engineer
- Experience in pricing vessel refit periods and budgeting costs for repairs
- Must be eligible for TSA TWIC Card or already hold one (i.e. no criminal record)
- Excellent report writing skills, written and spoken English (can be American English!) - Ability to put technical data and findings into an understand report - ''Technical Reporting for Non-Technical People''
- Good people skills, required to negotiate and liaise with owners, class societies, clients, lawyers, government agencies (e.g. USCG, NTSB)
- Physically fit and in shape, must be able to climb pilot ladders, enter tanks, survey inside boilers and engines through small access manholes
- Ability to travel at short notice - travel estimated 40% of week - some international
- US Citizen or right to work in US.
We will provide specific job training, HUET training, Root Cause Analysis etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
LNG / LPG tanker experience is a plus but is not required.
GL Noble Denton is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available