Updated: Jan 31 2013
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Performs assignments related to the procurement of materials from suppliers that are broad in nature with some latitude for reviewed action. Responsible for selecting and negotiating with approved vendors, assuring the timeliness of delivery and accuracy of orders, and following up with vendors when there is a problem with delivery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchase quality products with timely deliveries at the best price.
- Expedite current purchase orders for delivery.
- Process and communicate NCR reports with suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing and payment terms for capital equipment.
- Review and approve technical and administrative content of purchasing documentation.
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Provide information to the Purchasing Manager, as required, for monthly reports.
- Perform all clerical requirements, as needed, with reference to specific responsibilities.
- Develop reliable sources of supply and sound supplier relationships.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and other to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- May supervise lower level Buyers.
- Maintain ethical conduct with all supplier relations.
- Maintain open communication lines with other departments.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Provide superior customer service to internal customers.
- Office location - JFK Boulevard, Houston, TX
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Minimum 3-5 years of buying experience.
Education - Minimum high school diploma with some high level educational courses completed
Prior experience in a supervisory roles
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General computer knowledge-
- Microsoft Office - Proficient in Outlook
- JDE - Must have 1- 2 year experience utilizing this software
- Must have proficient reading, writing and math skills.
- Must have 1 -2 year buying experience in oil & gas market required.
- Good communication skills.
- Purchasing and negotiating skills.
- Sound understanding of INCO terms, and payment terms.
- Individual must be able to follow instructions.
- Should be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Understand the T&C's governed on all orders
- The ability to multi task and immediately respond to emergency situation
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available