Updated: Jul 9 2013
||Project Engineer, Offshore Drilling
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Duties / Activities:
- Provide engineering support to the Operations Department.
- Provide engineering support to the Marketing Department.
- Provide engineering support to the Project Managers.
- Provide guidance on inspection requirements and review documentation package submittals.
- Preparing budget estimates for modification required by Operations, Marketing or Project Managers.
- Liaise with, award work, monitor and follow up local engineering contractors working on subcontracted engineering - structural - drafting - electrical, site assessment (mooring/jack-up soils), Marine Ops Manuals, SOPEP etc.
- Plan, budget, schedule, and organize upgrade/ modifications projects on board Vantage vessel.
- Setting and follow-up a project team. Recruitment, training and management of engineers, draftsmen, inspectors as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to the Operations Department which may include ensuring modifications /changes are engineered and that final changes are documented
- Provide technical assistance for Marketing Department - which may include reviewing technical aspects of tenders against vessel specifications, providing feedback on issues and problems performing simplified technical studies in support of bids, drafting/arrangements/proposals, preparing budget/estimates for client modification.
- Update Marketing Engineer with equipment lists/IADC specs as new information becomes available.
- Attend FATS of equipment or systems as directed.
- Provide support on technical queries regarding rigs capabilities/performance.
- Liaise with certifying authorities as necessary. I
- Participate in personnel interview and selection as directed.
- Updating of knowledge and training compliance of self.
- This position is required to have good engineering ability covering a range of areas (Drilling Systems, Mechanical Systems, Drafting, Structural). Must be proficient in Microsoft products and drafting software. Must have worked in shipyard environment as a project engineer. Must have worked in drilling contractors engineering department.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available