Updated: May 6 2013
||Company Man, Drilling Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Pittsburgh, PA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Engineering design and planning of wells
- Designs directional well paths (horizontally or multi-laterally, as appropriate);
- Performs modeling for torque and drag;
- Contributes to conceptual field development design;
- Works with multidisciplinary professionals to evaluate the commercial viability of the well and monitor progress during drilling;
- Prepares well data sheets;
- Develops drilling programs
- Obtains relevant data, carries out analyses on-site and recommends immediate actions as necessary;
- Prepares full engineering analyses of rig site data;
- Monitors the daily progress of well operations and current daily costs, compares actual costs with original AFE and recommends changes or improvements to rig work techniques, which could lead to optimization of expenses
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Chemical or Petroleum preferred)
- Familiarity with water based drilling fluids preferred.
- Directional / Horizontal well drilling experience a plus
- Well View software experience
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available